Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 AM
myeqemuacct2
Fire Beetle

Default Error 1017. Tried everything

Everquest was working for 2 weeks.
Now all of a sudden error 1017 every time when I try to join a server. Started a few days ago.

I have:
Followed install instructions perfectly
tried updating router firmware, linksys router
tried turning on/off router firewall
tried turning on/off router uPNP
tried turning on/off router DMZ
tried forwarding all ports
tried bypassing router and directly connecting to PC
antivirus and windows firewall are disabled
Reinstalled EQ
ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, ipconfig /flushdns
enabled windows services
turned off router for 5 minutes
disabled a core by going to start menu,run,msconfig,boot.ini,advanced options, /NUMPROC=1

Notes:
- If I take the internet connection wire out of my desktop and plug it into my laptop, I can play on my laptop.
- If I'm playing EQ on my laptop and try to join the server on my desktop, I get booted from EQ on my laptop even though I still get error 1017 on my desktop.
- EQ has always worked on my laptop.
- Both my laptop and desktop are intel dual core CPUs.
- Laptop:XP pro desktop: xp home
- I was also able to set up a windows server that shows up on the login server's account list by following eqemu site's guide, but also cannot connect to it now.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:33 AM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

sounds dumb but verify your computers times and dates ect... are correct
Try running the eq as admin if its not already
MAke sure theres not an ip conflict start/run/cmd.exe ipconfig.exe

is this happening on all servers publicemu and private lanemu ? or just public or just privat?

Verify your Windows or other firewall isnt blocking the ports or the program
Also verify your Antivirus hasnt set eq to run in safe mode or blocked altogether (examply. my avast tries to open in a Sandbox aka isolation mode)

if this is a private lan server you could shut it off and throw up a portable repack to verify your server isnt the issue
Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 AM
trevius
Developer

Sounds like you are playing on P99 since you get disconnected on your laptop when you try to log in on your PC, which is due to the IP limit of 1.

You said you reinstalled EQ on your PC, but did you uninstall it and then completely delete the EQ folder? You have to do that if your install is messed up to get a fully clean install.

Also, have you tried other servers to verify if you can connect? I would suggest reinstalling clean and trying a few servers.

I see your forum account you are posting from was created in December, so that can't be the one you have been playing on for the past 2 weeks. Your other forum account isn't banned is it? That would also ban your play accounts from the Login Server tied to that forum account if so.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:41 PM
myeqemuacct2
Fire Beetle

thanks for the responses.
-To reinstall, I deleted the folders because there was nothing in add/remove programs, then I reinstalled, uninstalled with add/remove, deleted folder, and reinstalled.
-Other servers on the login server list also give error 1017.
-I have not been banned.
-The time looks correct and windows time service is running
-windows firewall is disabled
-if by running as admin, you are talking about right clicking on the shortcut, then clicking run as, when I select the the other user from the drop down box and hit go, it says "The service cannot be started, either because it is disbled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."