Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Davood
Discordant

Default hi. Alakamin has been re-re-re-released

For real this time!

http://alakamin.us.to

contains the charts for deity/race/pet etc differentiation

Please login and break (npcs heads!) stuff over your knee and enjoy yourselves.

a quick (unformatted) snippet from my own website, which you should visit... !

NO FILE DOWNLOAD REQUIRED FOR THIS SERVER EVEN THOUGH I MODIFIED SPELLS! THEY WORK FINE!
Two handed weapons are stronger and in line with dual weilding, giving people a real choice
Bows are viable now
Shields provide enough ac to make a difference
Spell focii have been modified to work at x2 to x20 their default status, allowing for a vast range of item qualities, and significant damage output from acquiring top end loot
Spell stats have been heavily modified
Eastern Commonlands has a little easter egg for veteran players, actually its quite obvious what "it is" you have to just visit the zone to see for yourself.
Spells like mudshield and other broken spells have been intentionally "broken" in the DB and have been proved through testing to not be exploitable anymore.
NPCs have been tuned to be killable by 1 group or less, this includes all bosses. This can be reversed by need, depending on server population,.. IE if things are too easy then I make things harder. "Classic" will never be made harder.
Tasks exist for all of the progression, simplifying the advancement of players
Progression is per character, so you will need to work on your kunark flag - there are plenty of people who can help you beat those pesky gods and dragons in classic - if you cant do it yourself
# of bots is variable depending on the tier of zone you are in
Everything is tradable up to and including the Velious loot; after that, everything is nodrop - as god level items cannot be given to mortals, it will burn them alive
All top end equipment has had graphics updates
There are SIX tiers of progression, each harder than the last, with commeasurate rewards, and a limited ability to trivialize older content through my dynamic limitation system.
There are REAL differences between the racial and deity selections that you make, so you pick a gnome, you wont have the same strength abilities as an ogre, this doesn't mean just the strength score, but actual % damage per hit differences that can be measured!
Understand that there are 16 races 16 classes and 17 deities, the possibilities are incredible. So incredible in fact that I have removed all class-race-deity restrictions, and allowed for the players to decide how to play their characters, and let them roleplay to their hearts content.
all items in the game have some PP value associated with them unless tehy are strictly a quest item
AA can be purchased up to tier 4, and starting at tier 4, AA can be acquired through experience points
there are hidden bonuses for those with alot of AA stored or spent, and things that players will be able to buy with their AA points at certain points in the progression story.
All fabled loot is in, either by spawning actual fabled mobs (some of the vanilla eq content), or through rare chance from teh regular npc; this has been balanced in the following way: fabled items are all part of the same loregroup, so you can only have ONE fabled item, but since they are so powerful and there are literally 1000s of them, the fabled item you keep will change as you progress through the levels and travel to newer and more exotic lands.
For classic through Velious, there are two hubs to choose from, the default Guild Hall, or the more "live-like" Eastern Commonlands.
Post-Game, Path to divinity, and post-divinity (will use better names once people get there i dont want to spoil anything), will each have their own hubs.
Many many more changes..... for some details on the tiers, racial and deity differences, see below for the detailed explanations.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Davood
Discordant

What an embarrassing turn of events, my ISP decided t expire one of my ips, and at the same time the router handling the connection to the webserver which has auto update for dns, decided to not auto update the dns entry.

Please find the information about the server at

http://alakamin.us.to

it will work this time, for realz
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

damn how u managed to get most the AA'sfrom live on your server?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Davood
Discordant

from the generous developers of the PEQ project.. i just steal their db and tinker with it just like everyone else does...
Old 10-07-2012, 07:46 AM
kylekurth
Sarnak

BTW not letting me join the server. "An unknown error has occured"

EDIT It is working now
Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

Damnn , PEQ has all most of the AA's working now?
Old 10-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Davood
Discordant

The PEQ team are doing magical things for the benefit of the community
Old 10-07-2012, 02:13 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Actually a lot of the AA work was done by Kayen. peruse the recent months on the main SVN change log.
http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/s.../changelog.txt
Old 10-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Davood
Discordant

My apologies.
Kayen has my thanks.
Anyways back to the topic at hand. there are a number of players now and some of them are almost into kunark!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

cant wait till everything in the high-end
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
supahsen1
Fire Beetle

Great server here, A really awesome twist on the classic progression with some cool new charms based on your race/diety. one might have 500ac, one might have 500hp/mana, one might have something like 20 avoidance/accuracy/stun resist (Wich i use, on my Gnome monk !) at level 60, wich is not that time consuming of a task at all.

The charms alot of variety to the classes, and the bots are able to be equiped with these charms too.

And i know everyone wants gear! People are gathering the stuff up and handing it out to new players all the time, come on by and we'll get you going.

I also have no problem helping people in getting their flags if needed, to get kunark unlocked. they aren't too hard. You can also level up to 60 in classic before you ever get your kunark flags now.

Flag mob example in toughness: Server first CT kill, who is the toughest mob in old world, took 3 people with their bots. It was an awesome fight and we had alot of fun. Most of the other guys are a 1 person deal, 2 makes it easy.

Come by guys. It's fun.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Davood
Discordant

The hamsters have been busy.

As of 8:44 PM EST, 2012, october 13

I can now boast the following for tiers 1,2,3
I just added 106 tasks (tested-ish) now to complete, with over 1800 npcs / zones to visit / hail / kill and many many rewards.

enjoy!

Also the task for progression into tier 4 is available now, I haven't yet prepared tier 4 for launch though... i doubt anyone will finish the tier 3 task set anytime soon.

Did I mention I love the task system.?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 AM
supahsen1
Fire Beetle

We have steadily been gettin people flagged for higher zones. Log in and have some fun guys!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Davood
Discordant

For those of you who played in beta... there are rewards in your shared banks
Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

People still playing in the lower tiers ?

i can see im going strugle with CT ,
But i could use with some help on Phinny , ive always hated underwater fights

really love the OOC regen , its pretty good