Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:17 AM
Krran
Sarnak

Old thread, but I experienced this error when attempting to to a clean install today on Win 7 64-bit. It was unclear to me what to do to correct this issue, other than updating the OS.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Uleat
Developer

Still a relevant issue

Make sure that your have zlib1.dll in your server directory.

There is an option in the update script to download the three required dlls.

In my case, I was compiling 32-bit binaries on win 7 64-bit.

The requirement for zlib1.dll came from switching the mysql libs from static to dynamic (circa. June/July 2015.)

Most cases, it would seem, just report that the dll is missing.

It sounds like something in your %path% also uses zlib1.dll (for me, it was my 64-bit wifi driver..hence the 0xc000007b build mismatch error..a pita to trace...)

If you're building 64-bit binaries, you may run into the reverse issue as I think the suggested zlib1 dll is 32-bit.

Post back if you're still having problems.

EDIT: (sic) btw, an OS update won't fix it :/

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-08-2016, 04:49 AM
Krran
Sarnak

Thanks for the response.

Here is the sequence of how things have happened since I last posted, and added info for clarity (I hope):

1. Updated to Win 10 (this was before I read your message)
2. Rebuilt the server again, using Visual Studio 12, 64-bit (I used this version on my last update, around June 2014, without error)
3. Ran the EQEmu start script without errors and got to the update prompt
4. Made sure I had the zlib1.dll, lua51.dll, and libmysql.dll files in the server directory, downloaded using the update script
5. Ran only the DB and bot update scripts and was able to logon with a test character
6. I then ran all the updating options available in the update prompt (DB, emu exes, .dlls, etc) to try to get as current as possible
7. I then confirmed that eq_emu_config.xml and login.ini had the proper DB information needed, as I saw a note about this whizz by during the updates

After step 7 listed above, I am getting the following pop-ups when attempting to launch the server:
1. Shared_memory.,exe, ucs.exe, and zone.exe are all giving the 0xc000007b error
2. zone.exe is giving an error - "perl512.dll is missing" (it appears I have perl514 on my machine)

I tried logging in with my usual client anyway. I can get to the sever select screen, but the server is not listed. No big surprise there.

I suspect I updated something I shouldn't have, or one of the updates is conflicting with my current setup. That barely narrows it down, though.

Do you have any tips at this point?

Thanks again for the help
Old 01-08-2016, 10:30 AM
dpjaf4t
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krran View Post
2. Rebuilt the server again, using Visual Studio 12, 64-bit (I used this version on my last update, around June 2014, without error)
6. I then ran all the updating options available in the update prompt (DB, emu exes, .dlls, etc) to try to get as current as possible
I am getting the following pop-ups when attempting to launch the server:
2. zone.exe is giving an error - "perl512.dll is missing" (it appears I have perl514 on my machine)
I am thinking that in the "emu exes" that the eqemu_update script downloads, the binaries are hard-coded specifically to (Active)Perl 5.12, especially given that being Akkadius' favored version for EQEMU. But when you built your own binaries, the CMake script found your locally-installed perl version.

Not being mean, but: Why build your own server executables and then overwrite them with Akkadius' versions? One of those steps seems at best unnecessary, and at worst you end up with the conflicting dependencies.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Krran
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpjaf4t View Post
I am thinking that in the "emu exes" that the eqemu_update script downloads, the binaries are hard-coded specifically to (Active)Perl 5.12, especially given that being Akkadius' favored version for EQEMU. But when you built your own binaries, the CMake script found your locally-installed perl version.

Not being mean, but: Why build your own server executables and then overwrite them with Akkadius' versions? One of those steps seems at best unnecessary, and at worst you end up with the conflicting dependencies.
I ran the exe updates basically because I barely know what I am doing, to be honest, even after 7ish years. It is a hurtle for me most times I try to update.

If the answer is that the emulator files that are downloaded from github are up to date, then I probably am doing unnecessary or counterproductive work and causing conflicts by selecting the option to retrieve the exe files in update script, like you mentioned.

Thanks for the direction in helping me get back up to date. I will go back and try not selecting this update option, and similar options, this time.

Last edited by Krran; 01-08-2016 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: edited because I was too wordy
Old 01-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Uleat
Developer

I honestly can't help with Windows 10...

I know there are some issues and they do get addressed..but, there are enough differences that I would be guessing.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Krran
Sarnak

I think I got things worked out to where I am as far as some other people are at the moment as far as updates.

I followed what dpjaf4t said and I was able to login my characters. However, bots could not be loaded and my characters lost about 100AAs each that had already spent. I found a couple recent threads on these issues that don't seem to be 100% solved yet, as far as I can tell.

But, now I know what to do and not to do when I try to update again later.

Thanks again for the help. Sorry to kinda drag this thread of topic.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:00 PM
fault
Hill Giant

Im getting that error with just zone.exe in windows server 2012. all dlls were fecthed with the update script and are in the directory
Old 04-13-2016, 07:10 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
This is crashing on loading, unfortunately.
Yep and the hotfix problem is during load, at least on Linux. I know this specific issue was probably not the hotfix thing, but it does happen.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Uleat
Developer

Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit binaries?

I had a 2-part issue where the dll was missing AND it was finding it in another folder as 64-bit..took forever to diagnose...

Compilin' Dirty