Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:20 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcardX View Post
I wasn't going to post or say anything because I generally have better things to do than to engage the community clowns who are still allowed to post on these forums despite a history of trespasses....

BUT....

What I find amazingly rich is the notion that KLS or any of the current active developers in the community, who donate so much of their time, their energy, their creativity and their passion for this project and our community need to account for anything to the devnewbs of the world.

I'm not even going to go and rehash anything that happened in the past, instead, I'll be generous and limit my rant to his actions of only the last couple of weeks.

1. Launched DoS attacks on the community's public login server, depriving EVERYONE the ability to simply come home and play their favorite video game.

2. Whined, complained and bitched when Doodman, Rogean, FNW decided to pass stewardship of the project and community to KLS, a person they decided they could trust and who has, indeed, earned the respect and trust of the whole community.

3. Launched malformed packet attacks against PEQ and other game servers who haven't decided to trust a well established hacker to service their game servers.

4. Suggest that KLS or anyone for that matter must account themselves to him.

So let me get this straight... Devnewb wants us to trust him enough to run our new community servers while he is, at the very same moment, attacking and degrading the performance of our existing servers? Really? That is just rich.

Then you run off to your friend and get him to write you a new LS so you can come back here post how clever you are and then you go after individual game servers if they don't use your LS? Really? That is just amazingly rich.

Now, as Doodman said, everyone in this community is free to make their own decisions and do as they please. If you believe you can trust devnewb with your server, your IP address, your passwords, your world database, then that is your choice.

I understand this is a frustrating time for everyone. I am as frustrated and fed up as all of you are. But the current active development team has been working together for 3 years now and we have a proven track record of trust, commitment and a desire to make the game as open as possible and as great as we can make it.

So know this. We at PEQ and those who are active here will launch the new servers and we will bring stability to the public login server.

Know this also. And here I am speaking for only myself. I will not work with devnewb or any other hacker-developer-script-kiddie on any project and especially not the public login server. PERIOD.

Now I am 10000% certain that devnewb is going to post some crazy rant about this, that and what ever else he can drain out of his toilet, but at the end of the day I am a developer that has been around for the last 3+ years, contributing code and making our server better than I found it. Devnewb has recently crawled back on to the forums from under his rock and has instead decided to focus on destroying what we have built, what you all enjoy to play.... instead of choosing to make a positive contribution.

This will be my last post where I lower my self to address a tolerated community hacker.
Fatality.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Demi-God

I actually made the login server because I was tired of the one that was always down when I was trying to work on my server, you guys talk like this just started a couple days ago, it has been crashing a lot in 2008 too. When I got home from work on days in November it was pretty frequently down. Also I got tired of waiting for everyone else to make their own, wildcard. No one had any say in my creation of the new login server. I did it for my own reasons.

I did make a comment that my login server didn't have an issue and I also explained how to rectify that issue with the LS in my opinion. Thank you for taking my quote out of context.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 AM
So_1337
Dragon

I usually give Devn00b a pass on his bitter posts, as I know that he's been slighted in the past. I know that there has been some serious drama in the community, long before I developed an interest in the project (which I'll readily admit is about all I'm capable of developing around here =P). However, even with past drama, all I know of are the admins and developers that I've seen in my time here and the fact that they work their tails off making this thing happen for everyone else. They do it for nothing more than appreciation and whatever drives them internally to do so. Anyone who makes this a hassle for them threatens it for all of us.

That said, I think Trevius said it best; please just stop, Devn00b. The current development team is doing their damnedest to get things moved to a host where we won't be dealing with further issues. We even got a post out of Doodman giving the situation on things, which was much appreciated along with everything else he's done in the past. It's just time for it to be passed off to people who are more actively involved, and he's doing that. So in the meantime? Your login is fine and well, but it's seemed like a bitter pill to swallow all along. Quite honestly, you've done such a smear job of the current EQEmu setup every time that you post about it that I would refuse to use it simply out of spite.

I'm doing my best to not even touch on the elephant in the room, which is WildCard's post... If what he says is true (and when has he ever lied to us or openly bashed the community here, unlike someone else?) then I'm really surprised that your recent posts have been as tolerated as they have.

Image, I don't know your situation, as most of your posts seemed well-intentioned and most of the real negativity seems to stem from Devn00b. Thanks for what you're doing, but you should probably pick your partners better in the future.

I'll keep my faith in the current developers and have patience while the switch happens. Thanks for all you do, KLS, Derision, Trevius, WildCard, Dax, Angelox (deny it all you want, but you know you belong in this list!), everyone else who keeps things moving around here.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:25 AM
WillowyLady
Sarnak

Well, I will be staying put, EQ EMU has been my home for some time.

The issues we have encountered recently will be overcome and them we can all get back to improving EQ EMU.

All you guys, past and present, have done and do so much for this commumity out of the kindness of your hearts, you cannot be praised highly enough. Exalted faction!

I really am adverse to any form of drama, or it even being tolarated. It's effects can and sometimes do spilt commumities and alienate people. It would be a crying sin if that happened here.

The light is at the end of the tunnel, I for one cannot wait to see SoF unleased on us, working instances LDoN and the like.

We have all got a lot to look forward too.

Keep up the great work guys.

Willowy**

Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
I usually give Devn00b a pass on his bitter posts, as I know that he's been slighted in the past. I know that there has been some serious drama in the community, long before I developed an interest in the project (which I'll readily admit is about all I'm capable of developing around here =P). However, even with past drama, all I know of are the admins and developers that I've seen in my time here and the fact that they work their tails off making this thing happen for everyone else. They do it for nothing more than appreciation and whatever drives them internally to do so. Anyone who makes this a hassle for them threatens it for all of us.

That said, I think Trevius said it best; please just stop, Devn00b. The current development team is doing their damnedest to get things moved to a host where we won't be dealing with further issues. We even got a post out of Doodman giving the situation on things, which was much appreciated along with everything else he's done in the past. It's just time for it to be passed off to people who are more actively involved, and he's doing that. So in the meantime? Your login is fine and well, but it's seemed like a bitter pill to swallow all along. Quite honestly, you've done such a smear job of the current EQEmu setup every time that you post about it that I would refuse to use it simply out of spite.

I'm doing my best to not even touch on the elephant in the room, which is WildCard's post... If what he says is true (and when has he ever lied to us or openly bashed the community here, unlike someone else?) then I'm really surprised that your recent posts have been as tolerated as they have.

Image, I don't know your situation, as most of your posts seemed well-intentioned and most of the real negativity seems to stem from Devn00b. Thanks for what you're doing, but you should probably pick your partners better in the future.

I'll keep my faith in the current developers and have patience while the switch happens. Thanks for all you do, KLS, Derision, Trevius, WildCard, Dax, Angelox (deny it all you want, but you know you belong in this list!), everyone else who keeps things moving around here.
Honestly I think devn00b has a special place in his heart for eqemu too; just a different way of expressing it. If I have to be judged by who my friends are so be it, but he has been a good friend to me for over 8 years, friendships like that are not so easily broken.

He has a great family, a smart and beautiful daughter who I know is going to make well with her life. You may only see one side to him, but I see one completely different.

While we don't always agree on everything, it is not my right to tell him his business. I don't really have anything more I can say about this other than if you went through as much as I have with devn00b, you wouldn't judge him so easily.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

I had the most fun with eqemu when devn00b and image were developers. Quite frankly, they were great with the community and did their job. They didn't let the login server crash and they certainly never let little vulnerabilities rampage through and ravage our website.

As a matter of fact, once they left staff. Things slowly started to decay as the 'people in charge' lost interest and stopped visiting completely. I can understand why Doodman didn't want to give it up to devnoob. Devnoob and Image left the team on bad terms which likely put a sour taste in some peoples mouth. That's completely understandable but if you were here in that era before the drama started, you would have remembered that EQEMU was the most stable and reliable. Don't get me wrong, I am not giving all of that credit to dev or image. What I am giving them credit for is their knowledge. They could be such an incredible asset to the development of EQEMU and it really is a shame to throw that away.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardoX View Post
I had the most fun with eqemu when devn00b and image were developers. Quite frankly, they were great with the community and did their job. They didn't let the login server crash and they certainly never let little vulnerabilities rampage through and ravage our website.

As a matter of fact, once they left staff. Things slowly started to decay as the 'people in charge' lost interest and stopped visiting completely. I can understand why Doodman didn't want to give it up to devnoob. Devnoob and Image left the team on bad terms which likely put a sour taste in some peoples mouth. That's completely understandable but if you were here in that era before the drama started, you would have remembered that EQEMU was the most stable and reliable. Don't get me wrong, I am not giving all of that credit to dev or image. What I am giving them credit for is their knowledge. They could be such an incredible asset to the development of EQEMU and it really is a shame to throw that away.
qft.
When i first started playing on eqemu, I can't think of one time the loginserver went down. Now, it's down about 44% of the time?

Quote:
1. Launched DoS attacks on the community's public login server, depriving EVERYONE the ability to simply come home and play their favorite video game.

2. Whined, complained and bitched when Doodman, Rogean, FNW decided to pass stewardship of the project and community to KLS, a person they decided they could trust and who has, indeed, earned the respect and trust of the whole community.

3. Launched malformed packet attacks against PEQ and other game servers who haven't decided to trust a well established hacker to service their game servers.
Proof?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:07 PM
slynnes
Fire Beetle

I've heard wind of this DoS attack and frankly I am surprised people are actually defending this guy. Pretty sad when somebody can take the enjoyment of the game away from 100's, then a few weeks later offer a "free" login server. I personally would be VERY suspect of using that login server hosted by a person that has "HACKED" eqemu LS. Someplace somebody said that Devnoob only did it during the development of his server or something...you know what...THAT IS JUST WRONG! Somebody who thinks they can "test" or hack whenever they feel like it and not give a crap about the other 100+ players play at that time....wow!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

If life shows us one thing it is that history will repeat itself....Take a look at some old news OLD NEWS And you will all be assured that EQEMU will survive as it has done so many times before.

Now lets just get on with the show and make this place better then ever !

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 03-25-2009, 04:37 PM
slynnes
Fire Beetle

Wow this is starting to feel like BSG.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:46 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

I hope things get better. That's all.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

I hear slynnes is secretly a cylon, dying of cancer, teacher-turned president that's inspired by the living gods through thousands of year old prophecies. He's come to resurrect the login server and lead humanity to a new era of prosperity and login-server-uptime-gaming. And a habitable planet.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:17 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Blame Canada.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:39 PM
KLS
Administrator

O Canada!

...I think this has gone on long enough.
Closed Thread