Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Wingwhiper
Fire Beetle

Default EQ anniversary Edition

So what's the chances of a move to the EQ anni box set rather than Titanium. Would have all of the EQ content until nov. rolls around
Old 05-16-2007, 08:01 AM
mattmeck

As stated in several other places, were not sure if this can happen, and if it can it would be months before its ready.

The option is being looked into.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:25 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Quote:
Would have all of the EQ content until nov. rolls around
This is entirely debatable. You may have the abilty to go into the zones, but as far as all the content, we are WAYYYY off from that. Zones will be empty. I feel as if having all those cool expansions are just a waste of time when the most developed database is just now finishing or in the midst of Planes of Power.

How many more expansions are after that?

I think that the only sane reason for coding anything beyone titanium is to allow anyone that can not obtain a copy of titanium the ability to play, not for the "extra bare zones"
Old 05-18-2007, 03:48 AM
Wingwhiper
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84
This is entirely debatable. You may have the abilty to go into the zones, but as far as all the content, we are WAYYYY off from that. Zones will be empty. I feel as if having all those cool expansions are just a waste of time when the most developed database is just now finishing or in the midst of Planes of Power.

How many more expansions are after that?

I think that the only sane reason for coding anything beyone titanium is to allow anyone that can not obtain a copy of titanium the ability to play, not for the "extra bare zones"
Well I was thinking more along the lines of the non-legit servers, which, is no where near the majority of the servers, and I actually think there's only about one. The reason I think it would be nice to make the switch to Anni ove3r Titanium is to add the possibility of have all the game available to be implemented. If this project is to continue growing, in light of recent issue's, the next 3 expansions will need to be added someday anyways.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:15 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

Big problem is, cant capture packets, so cant make the code work.

Another problem is, what developer(s) are gonna do that, who is left workin on the emu? FNW? Doodman? Hell we used to have 3-5+ developers working on getting 1 patch working and that would take a couple weeks sometimes.

I wouldnt hold my breath for an update of that kind, the emu just doesnt have the people anymore.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 05-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Demi-God

The days of EQEMu are coming to an end, most of the functionality has been implemented and most coders believe in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" policy, which I agree with. I am sure there are copies of Titanium available on a torrent site somewhere, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Now is the time to start supporting the new projects, SWGEMu, EQ2EMu (/cheer Lethal), and possibly a Vanguard Emulator (I am sure someone will start one sooner or later).
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.