Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 AM
bad_captain
Developer

I removed the doubling of the strength factor & offense for ATK for mercs, and some extra stats added in during stat calculations (I still had bot racial/class stats being added in), which I removed.

I will look more into the attack issue, and see if I can get ATK to be a little more reasonable comparable to group content geared clients. At 50, the highest value in the DB is 1600 for melee DPS (1550 for tanks). At 65, these values are 2080 and 2015. Adding in STR & Offense twice would mean 600-700 extra attack at 65, not really a few thousand. Either way, the calculation will still mostly come out where the attacker's attack rating is significantly higher than the mobs defense rating (when using the NPCACFactor), as mob AC is fairly low, especially at those lower levels.

Anyway, hopefully that helps.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Tonight I started building an eqemu server after many months of inactivity and I am encountering this same exact error with the duplicate keys and it wont create the mercs_inv table. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Sorry - heres my error, latest compile of everything, just cant source this update - 2013_03_1_Merc_Rules_and_Equipment

It stops when it tries to create the merc_inventory table:
Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Heres the exact error I am getting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armm View Post

The final error i couldnt get past and i tried this in mysqldump and heidesql... once it get to the part where it wants to create merc_inventory it throws an error saying..

Code:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS merc_inventory;
CREATE TABLE merc_inventory (
	merc_inventory_id      	int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
	merc_subtype_id       	int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
	item_id           	int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
	min_level       	int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
	max_level   		int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
	PRIMARY KEY  (merc_inventory_id),
	KEY FK_merc_inventory_1 (merc_subtype_id),
	CONSTRAINT FK_merc_inventory_1 FOREIGN KEY (merc_subtype_id) REFERENCES merc_subtypes (merc_subtype_id)
);
/* SQL Error (1005): Can't create table 'peq.merc_inventory' (errno: 150)

Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed */
Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 AM
bad_captain
Developer

See my response here:

www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36795
Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

I haven't compiled the source code in a while. May I ask Merc status. Do they work today? Are Mercs clerics and tanks only still?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:48 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I am rather wondering the same thing. I had previously sourced in all of the merc SQL statements months ago. Two days ago I did a drop_system.sql and imported in the newest PEQ, recompiled my server source, maybe sure mercs were enabled in the rules table. If I go up to a liaison and right click nothing happens. I went ahead and sourced in the SQL for the mercs again, listed from a previous post and still nothing.

I did read were there were a few problems with ghosting mercs and saw there is a GIT fix request posted from Kimmy have mercs been disabled in code recently?
Old 09-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Robregen
Developer

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=37086&page=2
Old 09-14-2013, 12:02 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I guess I was looking in the wrong direction. I did see where the was a "failed to spawn" error people were talking about but I did not think it was related. RandyMarsh's sql update fixed it for me, yay!!

Thank you so much Robregen, your help to the community is always greatly appreciated.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:12 PM
provocating
Demi-God

One thing I did notice today is that I am indeed getting charged the merc upkeep cost, but the window shows 0 pp and 0 gold. Is this possibly just a client issue, I do believe I could had been using RoF instead of UF when I noticed it.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 AM
bad_captain
Developer

I haven't seen this. what level? Verify client if you can.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 AM
bad_captain
Developer

I'm excited to see the newest live expansion, with merc AAs and merc only equipment. Although we may not get a client we can use anytime soon, there's no reason we can't add support for both.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Underfoot client.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:07 PM
HnathBST
Sarnak

Any solutions to unkillable mercs? I've tried #kill, #depop, #damage, etc and they magically repop.

looking through the code (I can read it but not write it hah) I see Merc:eath but if I'm reading correctly the mercs do not suspend. This can be recreated in game if you use the #kill command on a merc that is owned they will usually turn into a corpse but still drag behind the owner.

The other problem I run into is the ownerless mercs. If a player #peqzones/ports/crashes sometimes their mercs just hangs out where they last were. These mercs can't be #killed, #depopped etc.

My assumption there is that because #kill/#depop uses the npcid (and bots id is 0) they can not be killed this way.

The only other bug I have seen with mercs is if they are suspended and you zone they unsuspend them selves (I haven't looked into this).

Unfortunately this makes mercs highly unstable on my server and I really like mercs when they work... thoughts?
Old 03-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Yummy
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myeqsf View Post
How unlock mercs slot one more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
That is not possible yet in EQEmu. The only client we have that can even support that option is RoF. And there are probably some new packets that deal with owning multiple mercs that we have not yet looked into.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myeqsf View Post
I realize its an enormous amount of work, and i appreciate your efforts.
Is there support for more than one mercenary slot today?

The above quotes are from February 2013.

If so, how?