Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-17-2005, 08:47 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Default Question about EQEmu

I don't understand the workings of the code, but am an avid Eqemu player (WR). I have several questions -

First, why is it when patching to live, this breaks the code? Can't we just use one instance of the 'live' patch process to maintain compatibility? I realise everytime the coders are playing catch-up with 'live' and then it breaks again. Lot's of extra work for the devs.

Secondly, why is it that [SOME SERVERS] let's us patch to live and the game still runs after that?

Sorry, just confused

Teff

Edited by Cisyouc to fit the rules (in brackets).....Consider this a warning..

Last edited by Cisyouc; 05-17-2005 at 06:42 PM..
Old 05-17-2005, 09:25 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I tried to think up ways to answer this question in a way that's guaranteed not to be violating the forum rules, but I don't think I can.

All I can tell you is, you should repeat that question in the [Your main server's] forums (as you say you're an avid player [of that server]) and let them explain. Any response we give here about this subject comes dangerously close to breaking forum rules.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.

Last edited by RangerDown; 05-17-2005 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: To remove the server name from his post as well
Old 05-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

this is the best answer, i see on this forum about this subject !!!
Nice rangerdown
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:33 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Default reply to my message

Ok, I think I figured it out from the above reply.
I get the picture now...

Teff