Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Irichenying
Fire Beetle

Default eq emulator problem

in eq emulator..there is a server [i wont say the name]
the level goes up to lvl 75 and the server has a spell file where u can use level 70+ spell...you have to download the file.. so i did and i did what it told me to. it worked with my other computer...but with this one it doesnt and it wont even let me in to eq emulator at all...
i can only go to the server selection and when i click Play Everquest... it loads and then it kicks me out of the emulator patch

any idea?
Old 08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Cripp
Discordant

make sure you tell the serverOP of whatever server the patch came from.. or better yet, ask about it on the servers forums.

www.nugblazers.com
Old 08-17-2008, 10:43 PM
trevius
Developer

A spell file shouldn't cause that. At most, it would cause issues in game when you cast spells or are buffed with a buff that doesn't match your spell file. If you are trying the same account on both PCs, then most likely you have some other issue that is causing the problem. Unless you somehow accidentally saved the file as the wrong name or as spells_us.txt.txt or something.

You should always backup any files that you download custom, or even better yet, you should keep a backup of the entire unmodified Titanium installation in a separate directory. Then if you customize something and it stops working for any reason, you can easily make another copy of the fresh install directory and not have to do a complete reinstall. I usually have 2 or 3 EQ directories at all times.