Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone:: Q&A

OpenZone:: Q&A Support forum for OpenZone help

Old 02-11-2009, 05:46 PM
BassPlayerr8P
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Zone viewer questions - Custom Zones

Hello there, Im part of Orisonseven's dev team for the high graphic eq mod and we have made great strides with getting our models into the game. Now we would like to preview them in openzone to make sure they are to our liking before we upload them to our server. The only problem is that when ever either of us try to upload the .xwa file, the computer appears to be doing nothing, and if you try to do anything with the window the program will say its not responding. We even tried making a 100 poly zone to see if it was a poly issue and still had the same problem of not loading. He is running xp and im running vista, so i dont think its a compatability issue. Any ideas why we are unable to get zone viewer to work?

Appreciate your help
BassPlayerr8P
Old 02-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I'm confused. You're trying to preview them in OpenZone? If you're making XWA files, you should be using ZoneExplorer to preview them.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:13 PM
OrisonSeven
Sarnak

Windcatcher,
We did infact use zoneexplorer, though it just seems to crash... or stall out... or something like that.

The zone is exported from Openzone to xwa format, with all textures as well. Textures are in the proper .bmp format and are scaled to the correct zone (multiple of 2, i.e. 512x512) and are in 24bit.

-A goal is in mind. but the view is still clouded-
Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Richardo
Banned

I wish more servers did completely custom stuff like this. I miss working on modeling projects.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Without access to the zone, it's hard for me to say what's wrong.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:44 PM
BassPlayerr8P
Fire Beetle

Unhappy

Well, weve tried opening some of the zones that came with zone explorer and those did not work either. The program opens fine, but as soon as you try to load in any of the zones the program acts like its loading and no longer responds. Im not sure if I should wait and let it stay in this state or if its not working properly. I've tried compatability mode and that had the same result. I will try re-installing but any thoughts on why this would be happening?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:01 PM
BassPlayerr8P
Fire Beetle

Old 02-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Might be a Vista thing. Vista has always been problematic for my software (and I don't have it, I run Win2k). What happens if you try it on an XP box?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
BassPlayerr8P
Fire Beetle

We've actually run it on windows xp as well with the same error happening, not sure why its happening to us. is there a different version we could possibly try, other than that we haveno clue what to do.