Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:05 PM
fozy
Fire Beetle

Default Spell sets

I have been working my way through the database and I'm having problems changing an npc current spell set to a new spell set I'm creating from scratch. Here are the steps I've taken;
changed npc phinigel autropos npc_spells_id from 1346 to 3510 in the table npc_types. Then i went into the npc_spells_entries table and created a new line that looks like this. I tried to keep the columns aligned =)

id npc_spells_id spellid type minlevel maxlevel manacost recast_delay priority resist_adjust min_hp max_hp

21089 3510 1609 8 1 255 -1 -1 0 NULL 0 0

When I did this he did not cast that spell. However if I change the npc_spells_id to another spell set value, one that is already assigned to an npc within the npc_types table and then change the npc_spells_id within the npc_spells_entries table to that same value phinigel will cast that spell in this case "manaskin" I"m guessing I'm missing a step as I am not really sure how to create a new spell set for an npc. If you need any additional information please let me know as I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this puzzle for me.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 10-13-2019, 09:29 PM
Uleat
Developer

Spelltype '8' .. how are you determining that?

I assume you're looking for a DoT?

If so, you'll probably want to use this as a guide: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...on/spdat.h#L49

A bit value of '8' would be
Code:
SpellType_Escape = (1 << 4)
In this case, (enumerated) spell type '8' would equate to a bit value of '128' (1 << 8);

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-14-2019, 06:43 PM
fozy
Fire Beetle

Spelltype '8' .. how are you determining that?
I got spellset 8 from here http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ght=npc_spells from congdar the second response in that threat.

I assume you're looking for a DoT?
Nope at this point just buffs.

The interesting thing is when I change the npc_spells_id in the npc_types table to an existing spell set (say 25) and then in the npc_spells_entries table change the npc_spells_id to that same spell set (in this case 25 added spell 1609 manaskin) then npc casts the spell. It seems that when I create a new spell set the npc won't cast any buffs. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Are the above steps the correct way to make a new spell set? Thanks so much for your help and patience it is greatly appreciated
Old 10-15-2019, 04:06 PM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

The problem you are having is you have not created the npc_spells, you have gone to the next step and placed all the other information in but you did not create the actual spell set that you are assigning.

By using the PEQ editor that Akkadius has set up, you could save yourself a headache as it will put everything in the right tables for you. I highly recommend this route for things like this as it simplifies the process.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:52 PM
fozy
Fire Beetle

Nukerella, thanks so much for your help as soon as I created the line in the npc_spells table he fired off all the spells I assigned thank you thank you thank you =)

As I'm always game for doing something the easy way I finally got akkadius eoc2 running and logged in but I'm not able to find where to create spell sets and assign spells? Is there a wiki or a how to? or any guide that I could use to learn how to do different things with it.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:18 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak

This may be a stupid question, but did you re-run shared_memory.exe after making your changes? It's possible he cast's the spell when its in the pre-existing spell set because the server knows about it. It won't know about your new one until you restart/run shared_memory...

EDIT* Nevermind, you got it sorted
Old 10-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

I like to pull the NPC up first and then go to spells, choose the top line edit spell sets, if none exists you can create one if if one exists it will load it up and you can easily see what is on his list without looking up ids separate.

Glad your issue is sorted. Happy to help.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:31 PM
fozy
Fire Beetle

Nukerella thanks again for your help. I tried to do as you suggested. I was able to do a search for an npc and it brought up all their stats and I would be able to edit them if desired. However when I click on spells, I get a box that is entitled manage spells with four options to click on. In order from top to bottom the selections are 1. view spell sets 2. View spells 3. View npc spell effects 5. Generate spells_us.txt I don't see an option to edit spell sets. If I do choose the first (top) entry I'm able to view the spell set and make changes but if they don't have a spell set I'm unsure how to create it from within the peq editor from Akkadius. If you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your help
Old 10-15-2019, 10:43 PM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

If the NPC has no spell set, simple click the View Spell Sets (top option) and follow the instructions. It is really well laid out and will walk you right through the creation.

If you do not want to use that spell set there are little icons at the top, the red arrows going down will un-assign the spell set, without deleting it from the database.

Hovering over each option will tell you what each does.