Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
rogue50
Fire Beetle

Default Hiring Staff For EQEMU Classic

We're working on the 0.4.4 release of the Everquest server emulator. The client used features the classic user interface and velious. The whole server software will be Open Source. We believe that everything past velious is not true to the classic everquest experience.

The website is http://eqemu44.xonos.net/

Old 08-27-2008, 01:25 PM
rogue50
Fire Beetle

IRC Chat

server: irc.eqemulator.net
port: 6667
room: #eqemu4.4
Old 09-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Wizzel
Sarnak

Awesome. I am excited to see what happens to this server. PEQuest, Project EQ, Project Norrath, Sakrateri's Classic EQ, and now this. Hopefully this one stays around though.

-Wizzel
Old 09-05-2008, 04:38 PM
IADarkyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzel View Post
Awesome. I am excited to see what happens to this server. PEQuest, Project EQ, Project Norrath, Sakrateri's Classic EQ, and now this. Hopefully this one stays around though.

-Wizzel
To be fair, PN had nothing to do with any of those projects; it is still alive, just as a source of entertainment for us until EQC comes out
Old 09-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Wizzel
Sarnak

Glad you came around. The only thing I want people to know is that we aren't taking shortcuts. We are going to have the most live-like classic server ever created. There are things we have working and fixed that have never been working with the EQEmu. This is not to knock anything here, just to let people know we are serious.

Best of luck,
Wizzel
Old 09-05-2008, 09:55 PM
klamath
Sarnak

So if you have fixed stuff that eqemu never did why are you not sharing with eqemu? WITHOUT EQEMU YOU WOULD BE NOTHING.

You use eqemu code yet you do not share. Good luck giving out oct 2001 files without soe giving some kind of punishment. Oh yes stop useing saks minilogin source.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:56 PM
So_1337
Dragon

I'd imagine that with a different version of the client, their fixes can't quite be applied to the Titanium client that we're working with here.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:39 AM
paaco
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamath View Post
So if you have fixed stuff that eqemu never did why are you not sharing with eqemu? WITHOUT EQEMU YOU WOULD BE NOTHING.

You use eqemu code yet you do not share. Good luck giving out oct 2001 files without soe giving some kind of punishment. Oh yes stop useing saks minilogin source.
They are using a totally different client. While I'm sure certain things can be ported over, if they fix things there's a very good chance that it wont do much for the current client. Calm down geez.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:15 AM
IADarkyth
Dragon

Quote:

Damn bro, chill out - it is up to them to decide what they want to do with their code and he is stretching your imagination by throwing claims like that because a lot of the stuff has already been implemented at one point or another to some extent or differently, it's all up to whose opinion on what is more complete or realistic.

One of the biggest problems with EQEmu was that they could not decide on a client to use and they kept rewriting their code to support all the new clients, this led to a lot of code having to be rewrote and restructured; probably the reason they are sticking with the client they have now. But this is a pretty daunting task for a game that releases a couple expansions every year now ;p So EQC is not going to have to worry about that because once they get a majority of the features implemented they will be able to work on fixing up all the problems and implement more cosmetic changes.

Also, given the fact they are working on a client that you can install from a CD that you can buy for $5-10, I am sure people will have no problem obtaining the client and that they will not need to distribute it.

I would love to see more classic projects though, it will help breath some life and interest in the EQEmu community and maybe bring more developers around to help support the project.

It could not hurt to have another classic server that does not have devs who will be ban nazis and probably delete your characters because they disagree with what you say.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:35 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

If/when the server is released I can't wait to host one.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

delete this topic.

it is full of fail and lose.

Last edited by Secrets; 09-07-2008 at 03:55 PM..
Old 09-07-2008, 10:55 AM
klamath
Sarnak

Oh well Secrets why don't you keep helping out on eqemu classic project
Old 09-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Looks like this thread is falling apart, and I don't see why it should. I know we have all had our problems & disagreements - I get mad and blow up once in a while ( we all do), but that's just human nature; I'm trying to learn how to 'count to ten' before exploding. I already made a self policy; If I'm mad or pissed at something that I think is wrong, don't post anything right away (what you post in the forums stays for ever!). Usually, by the time the heat blows over, I really don't care to post about it, and if I do, it's a more 'diplomatic' post.
These people from EQEMU Classic, have started an open project, and post /share everything they do (including their login server). If you download their Emulator and look at the changelog file, you'll see where it is older than our EqEmu changelog - Infact, the new one (ours) starts where theirs ends.
Apparently, someone started a new EqEmu, wanted different policies and truncated the changelog, and that's what we have now. This is all OK with me, I like what I have now, have already invested 2 years of work into it, and I think we have a real nice thing going here. At the time, EqEmu was dead in the water, and someone picked it up and gave it a push.
It appears to me EQEMU Classic wants to pick up where it stopped a while ago and take it in another direction - there is nothing wrong with this, why don't we give them a forum and lets all work together?
Believe me, as a group all working together, no one can stop us.
I hope I'm not defending people who go around sabotaging the EqEmu project, bad-mouthing them - and I hope they are not using any of the new projects as a "shelter".
I'm saying if you are a sincere person and just want to make an emulator, then we have something in common and we could work together.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Oh well Secrets why don't you keep helping out on eqemu classic project
Because I want nothing to do with EQEMu when I work on that project. I don't know why Wizzel is so pissed off at you guys.

Any mods clean this topic up so it's on topic?

PS:

Quote:

You give out files too. We don't share with EQEMu because we are an independant project. It happens all the time in open source... why is this anything different?
We didn't use Saks' Minilogin btw. We used the WR source that got leaked and you reposted. And if you knew how to code, you would know that it doesn't work with our client version. So we fixed it up so it would.

PS, if anyone wants to start their own eqemu 0.4.4 loginserver, here's the files.

http://azigon.com/not-wr-with-login.rar

Last edited by Secrets; 09-07-2008 at 08:13 PM..
Old 09-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Cripp
Discordant

byeeee - byeeee

ps:(my opinion):this project is run by noobs, and is very dead(since I was the only one who did anything to improve this servers code, but now I work for myself, and only myself ). har har har.
consult me for more information

locked: we dont need anymore 'classic' drama.

www.nugblazers.com

Last edited by Cripp; 09-07-2008 at 09:28 PM..
Closed Thread