Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:45 PM
NikonRZ
Sarnak

Default Disable Races/Classes Tutorial

Locate variables table within Database. Then locate varname Expansions:

It is this variable that you need to change to restrict certain expansions (Classes/Races). Here is a few variables that will help you get started:

1 Default
2 EQ Only
3 EQ / Kunark - Enables Iksar Race Only
4 EQ / Luclin - Enables Vah Shir Race + Beastlord Class Only
5 EQ / Kunark / Luclin - Enables Iksar & Vah Shir Race + Beastlord Class
19 EQ / Kunark / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Iksar & Froglok Race Only
20 EQ / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Vah Shir & Froglok Race Only (No Iksar) + Beastlord Class
21 EQ / Kunark / Luclin / Ykesha - Enables Iksar, Var Shir, & Froglok Races + Beastlord Class Only
255 Enables All Expansions + Berserker Class

Hope this helps someone.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Congdar
Developer

I need a perscription for for that
Old 09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Is there a complete list somewhere? I'd like to pick and choose races and classes instead of including or excluding an entire package
Old 09-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Cripp
Discordant

Here's some useful lists in the wiki: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQLists

www.nugblazers.com
Old 04-04-2009, 09:34 PM
reddogut
Sarnak

Default A little confused

So the Expansions value in the variables table on my DB is 16383. Although this says that 255 Enables All Expansions + Berserker Class.

I would like to know how to restrict the races and classes that can be played on my EQEmu server.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 PM
reddogut
Sarnak

Nevermind.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:23 PM
neiv2
Hill Giant

Reddogut, you might try my custom quest. It's a work-around, to be sure, but it will accomplish your stated goal.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Does this even work??? What is it that gets limited when you set the expansion value in Variables? From what I can tell it doesn't seem to do anything. You can still create pretty much any normal class using any normal race. I set it up with 2, being classic, but can create iksars in either cabilis or crescent reach.

What is REALLY required to limit everything to specific expansions?

From what I can tell, it is extremely involved. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!!!

1. I think you need to go remove all rows from char_create_combinations that are classes or races you don't want people to use.

2. I think you need to go to zones and set up the min_status to something beyond what your character default status is. (I default to 0 status). I'm trying to set up each the zones in each expansion, in intervals of 10. For instance classic is 10, kunark zones are 20, velious zones are 30, luclin zones are 40, pop zones are 50, etc...

Even that may not fully work. I haven't even started trying to turn off all the pok teleport books... Is there an EASY way to truly limit to specific expansions that works?
Old 05-10-2015, 05:24 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
Does this even work??? What is it that gets limited when you set the expansion value in Variables? From what I can tell it doesn't seem to do anything. You can still create pretty much any normal class using any normal race. I set it up with 2, being classic, but can create iksars in either cabilis or crescent reach.

What is REALLY required to limit everything to specific expansions?

From what I can tell, it is extremely involved. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!!!

1. I think you need to go remove all rows from char_create_combinations that are classes or races you don't want people to use.

2. I think you need to go to zones and set up the min_status to something beyond what your character default status is. (I default to 0 status). I'm trying to set up each the zones in each expansion, in intervals of 10. For instance classic is 10, kunark zones are 20, velious zones are 30, luclin zones are 40, pop zones are 50, etc...

Even that may not fully work. I haven't even started trying to turn off all the pok teleport books... Is there an EASY way to truly limit to specific expansions that works?
The post you are commenting on is 7 years old. It's got a lot of old information relevant to 2008. The only way to truly limit expansions is to set the min_status field in the zone table. Players that try and enter zones they don't have the status for will be denied entry.

There's not an 'easy button' for specific expansion setups, never was. As for what races/classes/deities/starting zones you can make, yes that table controls what you can create.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:47 AM
jerluwoo22
Fire Beetle

For clients higher than Titanium you can go to char_create_combinations table and change the expansions_req field to double the highest expansion on any race/class combination you want. This will give the message that you do not have the required expansion to make this race or class when making a character. This leaves all expansion content available while blocking certain races/classes from being made without deleting data if you want to re-enable them again.