Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 PM
reddogut
Sarnak

Default Empty Database

How would I go about either obtaining or creating an 'empty' database.... Here is what I am thinking...

I want a database that has all of the zones and items, but no NPC's (Guards, mob's, merchants..... anything), no quests (I assume I could just remove all of the .pl files from the eqemu\quests folder).

Any ideas?
Old 04-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogut View Post
How would I go about either obtaining or creating an 'empty' database.... Here is what I am thinking...

I want a database that has all of the zones and items, but no NPC's (Guards, mob's, merchants..... anything), no quests (I assume I could just remove all of the .pl files from the eqemu\quests folder).

Any ideas?
You can download Navicat and use the empty table tool on the respective tables. That is what I did with Edge. However, if you still want player pets to work, delete all NPC ids above 1000 if you are using a pre-spawned DB.

I am sure HeidiSQL and SQLyog also has a tool like this.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Cripp
Discordant

use truncate table instead of empty table too btw. works better. (sets auto increments back to 0, etc..)

www.nugblazers.com
Old 04-04-2009, 02:18 PM
mplayer254
Sarnak

Above ways will work really well, I would also humbly suggest using Navicat/HeidiSQL to copy a fresh PEQ/AXClassic DB and switch between the two, really helps having the original DB to compare to. This will require you to change some configuration files to the correct DB each time you switch but I just made shortcuts for them on the desktop, easy to switch quickly.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
reddogut
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
You can download Navicat and use the empty table tool on the respective tables. That is what I did with Edge. However, if you still want player pets to work, delete all NPC ids above 1000 if you are using a pre-spawned DB.

I am sure HeidiSQL and SQLyog also has a tool like this.
What are the respective tables?
Old 04-04-2009, 05:01 PM
reddogut
Sarnak

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripp View Post
use truncate table instead of empty table too btw. works better. (sets auto increments back to 0, etc..)
Nevermind.... I figured it out.... Using Cripp's advice I truncated the spawn2, spawngroup and spawnentry tables..... ding... empty database just like I was looking for....

Thanks everyone!