Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 07-09-2010, 02:17 AM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Hey, nice job on the editor! Looking good.

I'm not sure if you are taking feature requests yet, but you mentioned your editor reads the new_icon field. I was interested in quality checking some of my spell gems.. and your editor looks perfect to see the stats and the graphics simultaneously. However, I use a different lineup of gem placement and pictures. Is there some way to replace what is loaded for the pictures?

Once again, nice job! This is the most attractive spell editor I've seen yet. Had no issues running it across a LAN.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Null
Sarnak

I have not been able to add in the new_icon preview yet, but when I do ill make sure to have it loaded from an external file (and ill move the other icons over also) so you can swap them out with whatever you want so long as it keeps the same dimensions as the original.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Null
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGarden21 View Post
When I try to load the spell file from the database I get an error that says, "Database Error". I can load the spell file locally, and I can connect to the database, but if I click "From Database" it gives me the above error.

I also have an issue with writing changes or full write to database. The former does nothing and the latter just drops my entire spells_new table.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried it out on two different PCs, neither worked right.

I'd very much like to get this working because for one, it's sexy, and for two, since I'm rather anal retentive about making sure every detail is complete, importing spell files after minor changes to one thing (which I do a lot, ugh) takes up quite a bit of time and having the option to apply the changes directly to the database would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
The only other time I have seen something like this happen was when one of the database fields got a name change. What SVN Build are you using?

If it is the above problem, I just need to update the SQL queries and it should be good to go, but I am unsure of the best approach to keep things like this from breaking in the future.

maybe expose the expected field list so it doesn't take a recompile to fix?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:37 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

I'm using the latest SVN 1549.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I had to drop the items table because it was faulty with the server code and imported the items table from one of GeorgeS' compiled server/databse zips on his page.

Without doing so would cause an error when starting the server, but it works perfectly with GeorgeS' items table.

EDIT

When I look at the database in Heidi there's a table called "db_version" that says 1535 however.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

You are most likely missing this SQL Update which affected the items table in rev1542
Old 07-09-2010, 09:19 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

I don't suppose you mean source the update, because I've tried that every which way I can and it spams nothing but errors saying either duplicate column or can't drop a column.

How would I apply the update?
Old 07-11-2010, 10:34 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Hmm, so I updated to the latest revision 1589 and it still gives me the database error.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:37 AM
Null
Sarnak

Can you send me a list of column names in your spells_new table?
Old 07-14-2010, 01:47 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Certainly Null. And thanks for helping.

Going from left to right I have:

id
name
player_1
teleport_zone
you_cast
other_casts
cast_on_you
cast_on_other
spell_fades
range
aoerange
pushback
pushup
cast_time
recovery_time
recast_time
buffdurationformula
buffduration
AEDuration
mana
effect_base_value1
effect_base_value2
effect_base_value3
effect_base_value4
effect_base_value5
effect_base_value6
effect_base_value7
effect_base_value8
effect_base_value9
effect_base_value10
effect_base_value11
effect_base_value12
effect_limit_value1
effect_limit_value2
effect_limit_value3
effect_limit_value4
effect_limit_value5
effect_limit_value6
effect_limit_value7
effect_limit_value8
effect_limit_value9
effect_limit_value10
effect_limit_value11
effect_limit_value12
max1
max2
max3
max4
max5
max6
max7
max8
max9
max10
max11
max12
icon
memicon
components1
components2
components3
components4
component_counts1
component_counts2
component_counts3
component_counts4
NoexpendReagent1
NoexpendReagent2
NoexpendReagent3
NoexpendReagent4
formula1
formula2
formula3
formula4
formula5
formula6
formula7
formula8
formula9
formula10
formula11
formula12
LightType
goodEffect
Activated
resisttype
effectid1
effectid2
effectid3
effectid4
effectid5
effectid6
effectid7
effectid8
effectid9
effectid10
effectid11
effectid12
targettype
basediff
skill
zonetype
EnvironmentType
TimeOfDay
classes1
classes2
classes3
classes4
classes5
classes6
classes7
classes8
classes9
classes10
classes11
classes12
classes13
classes14
classes15
classes16
CastingAnim
TargetAnim
TravelType
SpellAffectIndex
field124
field125
deities1
deities2
deities3
deities4
deities5
deities6
deities7
deities8
deities9
deities10
deities11
deities12
deities13
deities14
deities15
deities16
field142
field143
new_icon
spellanim
uninterruptable
ResistDiff
dot_stacking_exempt
deleteable <--- noticed the typo on the database, should be deletable)
RecourseLink
field151
field152
field153
short_buff_box
descnum
typedescnum
effectdescnum
field158
field159
field160
field161
bonushate
field163
field164
field165
EndurCost
EndurTimerIndex
field168
field169
field170
field171
field172
HateAdded
EndurUpkeep
field175
numhits
pvpresistbase
pvpresistcalc
pvpresistcap
spell_category
field181
field182
field183
field184
can_mgb
nodispell
npc_category
npc_usefulness
field189
field190
field191
field192
nimbuseffect
field194
field195
field196
field197
field198
field199
field200
field201
field202
field203
field204
field205
field206
spellgroup
field208
field209
field210
field211
allowrest
field213
field214

That should do it. I hope it helps rectify the problem. And I hope I didn't make too many grammatical errors. =P

Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Cheers!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Null
Sarnak

I think I see the problem, ill put up a new build after work tonight.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:35 AM
Null
Sarnak

Default v1.1.9

Here is a new version that has updated table queries. I might make these queries pulled from a file in the future so I can avoid having to put up a new build every time a field name gets changed.

I am leaving up the previous version also (link is on the first post) for people who don't need/want to update their db version for whatever reason.

Null Spell Editor v1.1.9

Null Spell Editor v1.1.9 (no videos)

Enjoy!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 AM
GaG
Fire Beetle

still does not work for me on newest db Rev it just wipes the table and stops
Old 07-15-2010, 08:51 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks for the update, Null! I will give it a shot this weekend

I am sure it was due to my change to identify the nimbus effect field out of the list of unknowns. I wish we knew more fields, but those higher ones are hard to figure out.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:55 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Thanks Null! It that fixed that issue!

However... (always that however in lurking somewhere, isn't there? =/ )

After testing the update a bit on two different PCs, I've discovered a few things I thought I should bring to your attention.

1. Creating a new spell via "copy" command and writing changes to the database works with both Firefox and IE on both PCs. But if you alter a spell, for instance just the name of the new spell AFTER you write the new spell to the database it will not change anything. This applies to all spells currently in the database already.

It appears that anything that already exists in the database is not being overridden when writing changes to the database. I think of all functions available with your editor, that one would be essential as it saves a lot of time having to export to Spell IO to make changes to any spells that already exist.

I'm not sure if this is an actual function of this feature, to re-write changes over existing spell entries, or not. But logic tells me that's the way you designed it to function. It just isn't, unfortunately.

2. This one is quite minor because there's an easy work around, but the bottom of the login portion (the reset and submit buttons specifically) of the editor is cut off on my 19 inch CRT monitor running 10x7 resolution. Changing my resolution to 16x12 certainly fixes that issue, but of course text is so small you practically have to face-plant the monitor to read entries in the database.

I don't have a problem on my laptop because it naturally runs a higher resolution than my desktop does, and that's the PC I use for my server. Like I said a minor issue.

Might I suggest a fix to widen the login screen horizontally, so it doesn't extend so much vertically? I think that would certainly fix any and all issues regarding different user resolution settings, and we all know that everyone has their preferences that vary as much as the people themselves.

Thanks again Null, you're the man!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Null
Sarnak

Quote:
Thanks Null! It that fixed that issue!

However... (always that however in lurking somewhere, isn't there? =/ )

After testing the update a bit on two different PCs, I've discovered a few things I thought I should bring to your attention.

1. Creating a new spell via "copy" command and writing changes to the database works with both Firefox and IE on both PCs. But if you alter a spell, for instance just the name of the new spell AFTER you write the new spell to the database it will not change anything. This applies to all spells currently in the database already.

It appears that anything that already exists in the database is not being overridden when writing changes to the database. I think of all functions available with your editor, that one would be essential as it saves a lot of time having to export to Spell IO to make changes to any spells that already exist.

I'm not sure if this is an actual function of this feature, to re-write changes over existing spell entries, or not. But logic tells me that's the way you designed it to function. It just isn't, unfortunately.
If I am understanding the issue correctly, you are importing from a spells_us.txt then writing your changes to the database and it is only updating the ones you have changed. Write Changes will write only the spells that have been altered since the last import/save/write. Full Write will write everything to the database no matter if it has been changed or not. I did it this way for performance reasons since doing a full write to the database can take a very long time.

So if you want to get the spells in your spells_us.txt into your database, you will need to import from file, then full write to the database. Then any other time you want to load your spells, you can do so directly from the database and just save off a spells_us.txt when you need to make a version for your players.

If this isn't the problem that you are having, can you give me step by step instructions of what you are doing so I can reproduce it?

Quote:
2. This one is quite minor because there's an easy work around, but the bottom of the login portion (the reset and submit buttons specifically) of the editor is cut off on my 19 inch CRT monitor running 10x7 resolution. Changing my resolution to 16x12 certainly fixes that issue, but of course text is so small you practically have to face-plant the monitor to read entries in the database.

I don't have a problem on my laptop because it naturally runs a higher resolution than my desktop does, and that's the PC I use for my server. Like I said a minor issue.

Might I suggest a fix to widen the login screen horizontally, so it doesn't extend so much vertically? I think that would certainly fix any and all issues regarding different user resolution settings, and we all know that everyone has their preferences that vary as much as the people themselves.
I thought it would scale but I just tested it and yea, it really doesnt like that low of a resolution. I'll try and get it a bit more friendly with lower resolutions in the future.