Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:08 AM
NEEDADISPENSERHERE
Fire Beetle

Default Character and Item Backup Newbie Questions

Hey guys. I have some probably really annoying newbie questions about backing up characters and items from the database. I've run into some problems with my server, got confused with updating and converting to a localhost and just decided to start again from scratch. I searched and searched on google and forums, and I'd find *what* to backup, but not necessarily *where* to find this data. I use HeidiSQL to read .sql files.

Ok, so what file exactly am I opening up to backup database stuff? Am I looking in EQ/SQL folder? I opened up drop_system.sql in that folder and found all my items I created under "Table: items" and I also found "account," "character_," "character_backup," "inventory," and "shared bank." It seems it doesn't matter which .sql file you open, it all gives you the same info?

So would I just choose the tables I need to back up and right click > "Export Database as SQL"? And if I only wanted to backup all the items I added (in case any default items got updated or something), how would I go about doing that? Export grid rows? Would I then just source the exported SQL/grid rows when I finish setting up my server?

Again, I'm sorry for the newbie questions guys, I really did search, and maybe I searched poorly, but I couldn't find any help that assumes you're a *complete* MySQL idiot. Also, sorry for the long post, I wanted to be somewhat thorough. Thanks for any reply!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 PM
NEEDADISPENSERHERE
Fire Beetle

Am I asking a stupid or obvious question or something? Am I not being clear?

Sorry, I hate to bump my thread, but this is a question I still have and I just wanted confirmation that I was correct, or maybe just a link even, if you don't feel like answering in detail, that talks about backing up the characters and items using HeidiSQL. Couldn't seem to find a tutorial or anything on the wiki.

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

OP,

In Navicat there is a 'backups' option when you open up your database. I have used this to revert to an earlier dump. Super easy, just click restore from backup then choose the backup file.

Another option:

open a command prompt somewhere, perhaps a 'backups' folder then type:

Code:
mysqldump -u root -ppassword peq > backup.sql
So, personally, on my C drive I have a folder called 'SQLDumps' this is where I dump my database files on backup. I navigate there, and then shift right click and select 'open command window here' then type the above.

'root' is your db username, and -ppassword is your password, so if your password is puppies put -ppuppies

You can then use that sqldump to backup your database as well.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:46 PM
NEEDADISPENSERHERE
Fire Beetle

Hey Esildor, thanks for the response!

The thing is, I only want to backup my accounts, characters, and items (and things associated, like bank etc.) I think I read in the forums *what* to back up, so I seem to have that covered, I'm just not sure how.

Your suggestion backs up the entire database right? Unfortunately, I screwed up mine when updating it somehow. Rather than causing myself a headache and taking up a lot of forumer's time, I figured just backing up the aforementioned stuff and restarting the database would be better.

I do appreciate the response though.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDADISPENSERHERE View Post
Hey Esildor, thanks for the response!

The thing is, I only want to backup my accounts, characters, and items (and things associated, like bank etc.) I think I read in the forums *what* to back up, so I seem to have that covered, I'm just not sure how.

Your suggestion backs up the entire database right? Unfortunately, I screwed up mine when updating it somehow. Rather than causing myself a headache and taking up a lot of forumer's time, I figured just backing up the aforementioned stuff and restarting the database would be better.

I do appreciate the response though.
Very coincidentally I am working on a script that does this very thing. In the meantime do to specific tables you can do something like this:

Below is what is considered 'player tables'

%1 is where your username goes, %2 is your database - sorry EDIT. Your password can go right next do the -p though. -pPassword.

Code:
echo off
mysqldump -u %1 -p %2 aa_timers account account_ip account_rewards adventure_details adventure_members adventure_stats Banned_IPs bugs buyer char_recipe_list character_ character_activities character_alt_currency character_buffs character_enabledtasks character_tasks character_backup character_pet_info character_pet_buffs character_pet_inventory chatchannels commands completed_tasks discovered_items eventlog faction_values friends gm_ips group_id guild_bank group_leaders guild_members guild_ranks guild_relations guilds hackers inventory instance_lockout instance_lockout_player keyring launcher launcher_zones lfguild mail merchantlist_temp name_filter object_contents petitions player_corpses player_corpses_backup player_titlesets quest_globals raid_details raid_members reports respawn_times sharedbank spell_globals timers trader trader_audit variables zone_flags db_version > playertables.sql

Last edited by Akkadius; 04-24-2014 at 11:01 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Check this out:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?MySQL_DB_Backup_Script