Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

View Poll Results: What server is desired?
Legit-Custom 67 41.88%
Legit-EQLive 26 16.25%
PVP 5 3.13%
PVP-Team (i.e. teams by continents/expansions) 16 10.00%
PVP-Guilds 4 2.50%
Semi-Legit (#si, #zone) 16 10.00%
Non-Legit (almost all commands) 24 15.00%
Other (please post) 2 1.25%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2005, 02:07 AM
xeni
Fire Beetle

semi legit
legit eqlive or custom legit is all ok for me )
but one think i appreciate is a gm remake my char for not restart all
i just wantto continue raiding
Old 01-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Aquelin
Hill Giant

Voted Legit-Custom, you should have kept working on The Great Escape and not have fired me from the staff for the redirecting a single person a bit rudely :P
Old 01-16-2005, 03:42 PM
|Revenant|
Fire Beetle

Default I basicly want EQ with a moderate increase in EXPERIENCE GAIN

I basicly want EQ with a moderate increase in EXPERIENCE GAIN and have all the spells, no teleport tickets or anything like that. Also increase the drop rate.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:18 PM
canehdian
Sarnak

woodlife, why dont you just DL eqadmin?, makes my server editing VERY VERY VERY easy, cause its not very hard to edit a DB at all using the right tool i mean, honestly your just doing it the hard way....so im kinda with Khan on this one
Old 01-17-2005, 03:03 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Eqadmin don't work with 6.0 ://
or you have a good link for a new version ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:31 AM
mattmeck

i want a server where i can play a necshamaclerik!!! Or a Shadowpallbeast!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 04:38 PM
canehdian
Sarnak

my version of eqadmin works with 6.0, its version 5.1 or 5.2 i cannot remember off hand cause im not at home atm
Old 01-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Hoeser
Fire Beetle

I want a EQ server that has pvp/rpg wars, some customness.. etc etc
Old 01-19-2005, 03:29 AM
Tajk
Sarnak

Talking

i voted for a non legit server cause i would like to see a non legit server to spend our time upon, but leave out #heal, #kill, #damage etc
just #level, #zone, #setaapts, #setskillall, #scribespells etc
Old 01-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Kaiyousei
Fire Beetle

What I'd be most interested in is a custom-legit, dedicated server (I'm more than willing to donate a few dollars per month or so when I can afford it in order to help with operating expenses on a dedicated server), more heavily focused on quests than most... I've never been a fan of pure hack-and-slash. And not the typical "camp one slow-spawn mob for 8 hours to get one stupid item whose significance is lost to all memory and turn it in for no real reward, just some crappy exp and some lame item" quests like always existed on eqlive either, but good quests, where it's fun and exciting, and potentially dangerous to your character's health, and probably in some way level restricted to maintain that danger. Quests with worthwile rewards, so that people actually feel like doing them. Quests which have some sort of compelling plot and purpose behind them, not just because. Perhaps semi-randomized quests they way a lot of MUD's do it these days... if you aren't familiar with what I'm talking about, it basically works like this: Find quest giving NPC... ask for a quest... system evaluates your level and chooses a quest from among numerous possible quests for your level... NPC tells you about the chosen quest which some 25%-50% of the time you won't be capable of completeing without a good deal of help, and another 25% or so you will need at least a LITTLE help... you are given a specific time limit in which to complete the quest... successful completion of the quest results in rewards of exp (not a lot, but worthwile usually), money (usually quite a lot more than you could make on your own doing hack-and-slash for the length of time it took you to complete the quest), and quest points, which are redeemable for various things ranging from permanently increased stats or skills to high-end items. Now as far as the semi-randomized quest rewards go, I think that exp is more valuable than money, and I don't know how you would incorporate stat and/or skill increases into a system of rewards for quest points but I think you see where I'm going with all this (yes, ldon was a LITTLE like this, but it was still just meaningless hack-and-slash).

Now of course, that sort of server would require a HELL of a lot of time in development and would need a highly dedicated staff to maintain it, but it's certainly something I'd be interested in. If I had half a clue how to code quests for the emu I'd be tempted to spend my time doing so rather than doing my homework, but I don't, so someone else (several someone elses actually) would need to do so.

Last note... It's entirely possible (not very likely, but entirely possible) that such a server already exists. In which case, please let me know what server, and point in the direction of any forum threads, web sites, etc. which are related to it. I'm hoping to find a new server to play on soon as the one I currently play on has been ignoring my desperate pleas for a bug fix since October (the staff has made no comments on it whatsoever, and everyone else keeps telling me it's a problem on my end because only a few people complain about it... which I can't accept as true because I've tried more than a small few suggestions of how to fix it, with no success, and I never have any problems on other servers *shrugs*)

Kaiyousei
Old 01-26-2005, 09:38 PM
waternorth
Sarnak

Woodlife Treestrider,

You have no clue where KhaN is coming from, do you? I suggest you go and take a look at WoA screenshots, and when the server comes out, (which it will), I suggest you log on, and take a fucking look at the guy who "has obviously not had much experience with MySql."

Going to tell me to grow up? Good. I'm thirteen, and proud of it. Please read the following links:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...t=17682&page=1
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17354

Thanks.

Last edited by waternorth; 01-27-2005 at 05:44 AM..
Old 01-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Innerfire963
Fire Beetle

Default Pvp Woot Woot

I want a good custom-legitpvp server with custom items, just a few zones so theres more pvping, no no-drop items, eq live's Rallos zeks rule (if killed get 1 item and all coin on him/her), ubah new classes... leave the races the same...

yep that would be awesome
Old 01-29-2005, 04:06 PM
gottasummer
Discordant

I like the type of server I used to run...

I had limited GMs, like one GM per 5 players or something like that, and the GMs would help out players and stuff, but not really give stuff out, just protect them and help um out.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:53 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

eff the custom-legit stuff, thats already dominated. what we need is a pvp server with like ninjas vs pirates vs robots vs zombies. and hover crafts.