Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone:: Q&A

OpenZone:: Q&A Support forum for OpenZone help

Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 PM
EternalBlack
Fire Beetle

So, For those wondering what kind of stuff im talking about, and what the so called "low poly" trees look like....

Here is an image of Orison in game within the zone...
Note:
-Terrain texture tho blended between rock, grass, and shadows, is a bit smudged looking.
-Tree creation from scratch(not including texture design) to being a complete forest was about 20 mins max.

By icedfate at 2010-03-18

Any help on the reason for texture error would be greatly appreciated.
Tutorials up as soon as I can get a decient frame rate for capture... program i am currently running doesnt seem to be very happy.

EternalBlack
Member of OrisonIndustries
Old 03-18-2010, 08:43 PM
EternalBlack
Fire Beetle

A most recent discovery that i have come across... Openzone 8.3 works correctly on my current xp 64bit system, complies the files and creates playable zones without any flaws save for one. While viewing large mesh files with high poly count... OZ has a flickering effect causing the terrain tho textured correctly, to blink as tho constantly trying to rerender even when i am not trying to change its orientation.

To Wind... not sure what changed from 8.3 onward, but it works for me on my core i7 system running xp 64bit.

George, try using 8.3 on your windows 7 system and let me know if it works for you.

EternalBlack
Member of OrisonIndustries
Old 03-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Amphitryon
Fire Beetle

Thanks for bringing this back to life I like seeing these screenshots too as it gives me an idea of what is possible, that is it is possible to make zones with a pretty modern quality level.

As far as the modeler(s) I have been playing with they have been Anim8or and GMAX (tho Anim8or's inability to work right in Vista has really turned me off on it).

GMAX has been very well behaved by comparison (especially for something that is free, and long in the tooth age wise)

Even 3Ds tutorials can help..I can figure out the differences
Old 03-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Quote:
Anim8or's inability to work right in Vista has really turned me off on it
Lol, shouldnt that be Vista's inability to work with Animator? (or tons of other programs) try windows 7 and get rid of that rubbish.

Game Gallery

My Forums