Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

I sent three Dev's my information, i will not post in server development unless it works 100% i'm maken changes to server code as needed for the client. I'm only one person working on this but with the other dev's help we can make an army.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:49 AM
pfyon
Discordant

Noport, the issue is you're shooting for a moving target. Any official source of the clients outside of the CDs/DVDs can be changed. This happened to the steam download of SoD and it may happen again to any official downloads of the 'VoA' client. If the client can change, then that potentially makes your changes useless as they're for a now non-existent client.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

You guys don't understand i been playing this game since 2002 what Build would you like me to use have you ever heared of achieving every patch probably not. My clients are no different then Steam so what is your point? Example on StormHaven server i use Underfoot (Built Jan 2009) from live. an example of build if you ever looked at your log file in eq i'm using VoA (Built Jan 10 2012). example if i want to play on your server i have to match client build with opcodes your using.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:53 PM
sorvani
Dragon

And all of that means absolutely nothing to anyone else because you can not distribute those client versions. No one but you can use them.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

all them opcodes are over your heads something you'll never understand. no i'm not going to share my files with no one if your not smart enough to backup your clients not my problem. Did i ever say i was going to run a server on this site no! I didn't it's for my private use only.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 PM
trevius
Developer

The other devs won't help you chase Live clients because it means matching up hundreds of opcodes every month or so. It is a long process before a client is finalized and by that time, it would be patched again and we would have to start over. It would be a non-stop job trying to keep up with Live by doing that and none of the devs have that kind of time. It is a much better use of our time to update to clients that will be available to everyone and not frequently patched (such as the Steam clients). That way, we can use any other dev time we have to work on other stuff that still needs work. Though, many of the devs don't have a lot of time to work on EQEmu right now as can be seen in the svn update frequency.

I will not believe you actually play using a fully patched VoA client on your server until I see some proof. The only actual info I have seen from you were maybe 10 opcodes for VoA, which some of them looked like they were probably incorrect based on the order of the opcode list.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Then i think you need to goto the server and look at what the Dev's are posting as opcodes doh. when was the last time you went and readed your own opcodes from your server see how they aren't loading correctly in the right order ? example look where your op_enterworld is loading.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:02 PM
trevius
Developer

If you are talking about the order of when opcodes are sent from the server, then yes, I don't know if they were ever sent in the exact right order for logging into the world. I know they didn't match EQLive when I got SoF or SoD working. But, the order doesn't matter much if it still works to get you logged in. I would be willing to bet that VoA would work fine in the same order that the server currently sends opcodes, as long as you have the correct opcodes and packet structures. Though, I am not going to waste my time to verify that until there is a client update from Steam.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Underfoot
[Tue Jan 31 03:23:18 2012]00043:WorldAuthenticate: Initiating Login.
[Tue Jan 31 03:23:18 2012]00044:WorldAuthenticate. I got a message of type 0x5b0b (23307).OP_GuildsList=
[Tue Jan 31 03:23:18 2012]00045:WorldAuthenticate. I got a message of type 0x6f79 (28537).OP_LogServer=
[Tue Jan 31 03:23:18 2012]00046:WorldRPServer message: server name stormhaven

[Tue Jan 31 03:23:18 2012]00047:WorldAuthenticate. I got a message of type 0x86c7 (34503).OP_ApproveWorld=
[Tue Jan 31 03:23:18 2012]00048:WorldAuthenticate. I got a message of type 0x51b9 (20921).OP_EnterWorld=
[Tue Jan 31 03:23:18 2012]00049:WorldAuthenticate. I got a message of type 0x5d32 (2385.OP_PostEnterWorld=
[Tue Jan 31 03:23:18 2012]00050:WorldAuthenticate. Access granted.

[Tue Jan 31 03:23:18 2012]00051:WorldAuthenticate. I got a message of type 0x7e4d (32333).OP_ExpansionInfo=

Live reading

OP_SendLoginInfo=0x4d5c
OP_GuildsList=0x5b0b
OP_LogServer=0x1497

OP_WorldComplete=0x7d79

Op_ApproveWorld=0x655c
OP_PostEnterWorld=0x710e
Op_ExpanshionInfo=0x631a
Op_SendCharterInfo=0x49b6

Op_EnterWorld=0x7930

everyone is bent out of shape becasue they don't known how to code in Vs , they sound like there mad because i have something they don't have or maybe might never see it, everyone has access to the same server code so whats stoping them from doing the same thing nothing they think i should share my code with them well it's posted now just don't come crying to me if it don't work or breaks your server. i'm not sitting around and waiting for the Dev's to develope the code for the newer client and or fix HoT. I have always used live and patched clients to connect to your server and others i don't see what the big deal is all about i use the same build i can go back to beta client if that is the build they use I have always used patched and live clients with no problems.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

I'll man up and admit I was wrong. You are correct Noport, who are we to bitch and moan about the ground-breaking work you are undertaking. Keep up the good work and don't let these simpletons weigh you down. When they eventually create a Nobel category for Use of Visual Studio in your honor, all these haters will know their place.

In the meantime, I think you need to guard your reputation a bit. You don't get into the World League of Visual Studio if you spend all your time using other people's code. Therefore, you should stop using all this code made by the lesser caste and instead rewrite the entire source in a way more fitting a person of your ability.

I mean, you downloaded ALL of the maps from mapfiend and still managed to count the number of files(seriously how to do you count past 1000? Does it take long? I always get distracted by my cat).
Old 02-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Soulcold
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
I'll man up and admit I was wrong. You are correct Noport, who are we to bitch and moan about the ground-breaking work you are undertaking. Keep up the good work and don't let these simpletons weigh you down. When they eventually create a Nobel category for Use of Visual Studio in your honor, all these haters will know their place.

In the meantime, I think you need to guard your reputation a bit. You don't get into the World League of Visual Studio if you spend all your time using other people's code. Therefore, you should stop using all this code made by the lesser caste and instead rewrite the entire source in a way more fitting a person of your ability.

I mean, you downloaded ALL of the maps from mapfiend and still managed to count the number of files(seriously how to do you count past 1000? Does it take long? I always get distracted by my cat).
I lol'd, hard :P Thanks for making my morning haha

How did we go from EQF2P to THIS though bwahahha
Old 02-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Monstrosity
Fire Beetle

Default Eq Live, AA Imbalance and EMU's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinggo View Post
Just to help make the point that 250 or even 1000 AA is ridiculously low for ANY character in EQ1. Combat Agility and Combat Stability is a 100% must have for Warriors, I wouldnt even consider taking a warrior to VoA or even the 1-2 expansions before that with less then max in just those to AA lines ... at lvl 95 CA and CS are 683 AA's maxed out ... for just 2 of AA lines, 2 of like 30 minimum required lines for a tank in EQ1 today.
This is exactly why I wont play EQ1 Live. I played a monk, quit around PoP came back for a few months got to level 72, only have around 200 aa's or so. Impossible to compete with players this way, its so completely unbalanced. AA's ruined the game IMHO due to balancing issues. That was the good thinig about WoW's system everyone got the same amount of talent points.

I played Wow until recently and quit for various reasons. I thought I would enjoy reliving my old conquests in EQ on P99 but the low population makes groupiing difficult, and for a monk with crap gear soliing is very difficult and tedious. So I went to EZ server created a monk and am enjoying him quite a bit. I can solo, have decent gear, my Epic 1.5 and hopefully 2.0 and beyond soon enough. I have no desire to play on Live unless they want to hand me about 1k free AA's.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Dinggo
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstrosity View Post
This is exactly why I wont play EQ1 Live. I played a monk, quit around PoP came back for a few months got to level 72, only have around 200 aa's or so. Impossible to compete with players this way, its so completely unbalanced. AA's ruined the game IMHO due to balancing issues. That was the good thinig about WoW's system everyone got the same amount of talent points.

I played Wow until recently and quit for various reasons. I thought I would enjoy reliving my old conquests in EQ on P99 but the low population makes groupiing difficult, and for a monk with crap gear soliing is very difficult and tedious. So I went to EZ server created a monk and am enjoying him quite a bit. I can solo, have decent gear, my Epic 1.5 and hopefully 2.0 and beyond soon enough. I have no desire to play on Live unless they want to hand me about 1k free AA's.
The biggest issue with EQ today is the lack of fun. In the past doing EXP mobs or lesser group named camps were casual, you could kill away for hours and still have fun with your group, chating or whatever else.

Today, every damn trash mob is the same as a raid boss 2 years ago. They hit like trucks, and you need ot pay close attention to the action. If a named pops, espeically in T4 VoA, you need to pay 110% attention to the fight or you get roflstomped in 5 sec. Even at lvl 95, nearly 100k hp and 14,500+ AA's my SK is nearl dead every second tick fighting a named mob in a regular group. Without slow and a real healer + merc Cleric, I would never kill a single named in VOA. God forbid you look away from the screen mid fight for 2 seconds and miss a heal ... THAT is no damn fun at all, that is why people dont play as much or at all anymore really.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

They are thinking about maken you go on a corpse run what fun or wait 7 days goto shadowrest again.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
FirestormXL
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurinus2 View Post
I believe it to be not about it "getting worse" but about SOE gravitating toward a micro-transaction model.

There is one small, yet tingling implication that comes with this. I believe that Sony in the past did not pursue the emulation community because they felt that unless an emu server was charging a subscription to play, then they would not have an easy win, simply because of the difficulty in proving financial damages (their business model and resulting income were simply at odds with this). Now with their micro-transactions aligning with donations* (on the emu side of things), it would be a lot easier to convince a court of this.

Doom-saying? Nah not really. I think it is something to keep in mind, though.

*Donations here refering to quid pro quo transactions in which players get in-game items on specific servers. Not donations given to the development team.
Haha, your right. However it is a shit model. How are you going to lure old players back with promises of gold and AA caps, as well as caps on ability ranks like in EQ2... it's foolish and asinine of them. You would be better off opening a store for cosmetic items and just let people play the FULL game.
"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it." -Jack Burton