Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Aquelin
Hill Giant

Default Compiling on Windows...

The latest CVS changelog states that the source was hacked or tweaked to be compatible for windows compiling, but I haven't found that it is. I got an error compiling in the world.exe (shown below), not sure what it was related too either. Anyone want to confirm it can be compiled on windows? I'm thinking it may have to do with me using VB6 but I've compiled on it before.

Code:
Linking...
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl InitExtendedProfile(struct ExtendedProfile_Struct *)" (?InitExtendedProfile@@YAXPAUExtendedProfile_Struct@@@Z)
net.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall TimeoutManager::CheckTimeouts(void)" (?CheckTimeouts@TimeoutManager@@QAEXXZ)
net.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class TimeoutManager timeout_manager" (?timeout_manager@@3VTimeoutManager@@A)
database.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl SetExtendedProfile(struct ExtendedProfile_Struct *,char *,unsigned int)" (?SetExtendedProfile@@YA_NPAUExtendedProfile_Struct@@PADI@Z)
dbcore.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Condition::Wait(void)" (?Wait@Condition@@QAEXXZ)
dbcore.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Condition::~Condition(void)" (??1Condition@@QAE@XZ)
dbcore.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall Timeoutable::~Timeoutable(void)" (??1Timeoutable@@UAE@XZ)
dbcore.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Condition::Condition(void)" (??0Condition@@QAE@XZ)
dbcore.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Timeoutable::Timeoutable(unsigned int)" (??0Timeoutable@@QAE@I@Z)
dbcore.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Condition::Signal(void)" (?Signal@Condition@@QAEXXZ)
../build/World.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Last edited by Aquelin; 03-12-2005 at 07:48 PM..
Old 03-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Thats just missing files in the project, make sure everything but WesQuests.cpp and Oldcode.h/.cpp is in the project.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:17 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Specifically, it looks like you need to add /common/extprofile.cpp and extprofile.h, /common/Condition.cpp and Condition.h, and /common/timeoutmgr.cpp and timeoutmgr.h to the respective world common folders. You'll also probably have to add a few files to the zone config as well if I remember correctly.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:42 PM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default winmysqlclient

i added those files to my project and now i'm left with only 4 errors. They are as follows:

mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4 referenced in function _my_win_init
mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegEnumValueA@32 referenced in function _my_win_init
mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20 referenced in function _my_win_init
Old 03-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman77
i added those files to my project and now i'm left with only 4 errors. They are as follows:

mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4 referenced in function _my_win_init
mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegEnumValueA@32 referenced in function _my_win_init
mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20 referenced in function _my_win_init
Like Ive said before in IRC, those are system commands used to edit the registry. If your compiler does not have the appropriate library files for that..you're probably not going to be able to compile it with that. And I believe because the Microsoft VS .NET Compiler is not a free compiler..distributing the headers and libraries would be warez..but dont quote me on that.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:03 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Quote:
And I believe because the Microsoft VS .NET Compiler is not a free compiler..distributing the headers and libraries would be warez..but dont quote me on that.
Microsoft distributes (or did at one time) a Windows Software Developer Kit (SDK) at its web site. It has all the includes and libs for Windows API's. I think it's either in the Downloads section of microsoft.com or on msdn.microsoft.com. But don't quote me on that. (<--- oops I quoted you)
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.