Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

View Poll Results: Should we bring back the Scorpious2k Server?
YES! 87 69.05%
NO! 14 11.11%
What's a Scorpious2k Server? 25 19.84%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Nessful
Sarnak

Default Heya

Heya Scorp im new to Eqemu i just wanted to say i have heard alot about your server and i really like it even though i havent played it, when will it be up? im in the regular loginserver atm * 5998 *, i havent seen it up, is it different?
Old 12-10-2006, 04:02 PM
excalaber2
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k
Talk to Dindo, I think he took it down to play that war game
That's kind of funny...I download War Rock and I'm like wow cool game. Then it's like OH Dindoleki....no way! lol *throws grenade* bring back scorp2k!! lol j/k.....that is a fun game though

On a side note, I can't wait to play scorp2k again. My name was Boota Atoob the monk I was wondering if there is a way to login now, even though a dedicated server is not setup. Do I need to patch my old school EQ client all the way to current? Last time I did that a while ago I remember there being problems. Thanks in advance, and see you all soon!
Old 12-10-2006, 11:26 PM
n3uxme9669
Fire Beetle

i think people who use to play and still have the abilities to login to the server are still able to play, or if you have donated towards it being on a dedicated server, then scorp would hooked you up.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:44 AM
excalaber2
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3uxme9669
i think people who use to play and still have the abilities to login to the server are still able to play, or if you have donated towards it being on a dedicated server, then scorp would hooked you up.
Oh okay....well I still have my acct name and pw then it's just that I don't think It's all configged up like it used to be....might have to check old PC but I may have deleted it : (
Old 12-12-2006, 08:09 AM
excalaber2
Fire Beetle

Okay I checked my old PC and the EQ folder is there with all the files I used to need along with my character name files in there too from scorp2k. The only problem is that I think I deleted EQ itself. Heres where I need help: Should I download EQ trilogy and install that to the same folder as my old EQ directory? I know that I had luclin and probably Planes of Power as well in there somewhere, but will that give me the client I need to alter the shortcut to? I also have "Scorpious 2k Patcher" which seems useless now since I'm sure things have changed. IF there are any settings in the patcher I might be able to change also let me know. I'm trying to revive something dead here because I miss the game Thanks in advance.

P.S. Dindo I got much better in War Rock ::evilgrin::
Old 12-14-2006, 01:53 AM
DEVOGEN
Fire Beetle

YES! bring back S2k... it was the greatest server created yet, I was even planning on making a dedication server, or asking for a clone of the database but i have had problems finding people to help me code quests and repopulate zones as per how i remember them

Quick question, if you bring the server back up will it be updated to use titanium? if so then will it also have the changes from when it became "squeaker gaming" server?

Cisco was nice and everything but i disliked a couple of his changes
Old 12-14-2006, 02:39 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVOGEN
Quick question, if you bring the server back up will it be updated to use titanium? if so then will it also have the changes from when it became "squeaker gaming" server?
I think we have the squeeker and dark realm changes, but it is up now as it was when we brought it down. I am not sure what of the squeeker/dark realm changes will be brought in, if anything.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:47 AM
DEVOGEN
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the information and prompt reply, is there a site up where i can download custom zone files to play?

Last edited by Cripp; 12-14-2006 at 05:33 PM..
Old 12-14-2006, 09:08 AM
n3uxme9669
Fire Beetle

Quote:
-Do not ask for back patches, or for any way to find warez

i guess that would include asking for a site.

but the answer is no.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:28 AM
DEVOGEN
Fire Beetle

Asking for a site to patch custom content, like zones, is not a violation of the rules
Old 12-14-2006, 02:36 PM
n3uxme9669
Fire Beetle

sorry, missread, wasn't trying to get you in trouble or anything, was just checking.

again, apologies.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Cripp
Discordant

no worries.
I fixed his post to make it a little more specific so people dont get that misunderstanding anymore.

www.nugblazers.com