Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Anniversary Edition Support

Looks like the code has support for the Eq Anniversary Edition , which runs for around 19.00 too.
So now I would at least hope to see new whiners with a new rant: "Why do I have to spend 19.00 on another EQ game called Anniversary Edition?"
Old 07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Thats just bull, so your telling me I have to go get Aniversary now. Thats $20.00 you know. Geez, this project is just getting worse and worse as the days go by. So now we got even more content and features, and even more support for a newer userbase which means more players. What a f'n joke.

/end Sarcasm

Ok, now on to my real post. WOOT WOOT for Aniversary if this is true. Can you confirm this Angelox, with a Aniversary client. If so, I would assume that its still backwards compatible with Titanium, which is very grovvy baby.

Thanks devs, maybe we will see some more migrants and newer players.

/chant EQ EQ EQ EQ... ect...
Old 07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

That's great! If that's indeed true, i'm *very* happy.

Keep up the good work guys!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

It's not officially in the log yet, but I found the new patch_Anniversary.conf in the source and the new executables need this conf file.
I'll buy the Anniversary Edition just to have it
Old 07-23-2007, 02:47 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Is that the latest, latest bundle - with tBS too? I'll have to go check it out. I'll buy it just because I am a content freak.

Just answered my own question:
Quote:
EverQuest The Anniversary Edition Includes EverQuest Classic and all EverQuest expansion packs including "The Buried Sea".

Last edited by John Adams; 07-23-2007 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: de-tarding my post!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:01 PM
KLS
Administrator

Not fully supported yet, can get to char select but crash on zone in from what I gathered. FNW started work on it the other day.

Wouldn't go out and buy it just yet =p
Old 07-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Soregon
Fire Beetle

Default Think So

From what I have been reading it has buried sea and the drakken thing so it is my guess it is the new bundle. I am shocked at the price being so low lol.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:49 PM
dynaco
Fire Beetle

Default Too late

Already bought the Anni Edition. Tried running it without live patch but could not create a character.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:51 PM
michaelbartman
Fire Beetle

Same here, I bought the last copy of EQ Anniversary at the local GameStop, and if eqgame.exe doesn't crash abruptly when connecting and I make it to char creation, it doesn't do anything when I click Create Character..

Guess I'll just have to wait it out.. Thanks guys, it'll be awesome when I can play
Old 07-27-2007, 12:31 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

They'll get it, I'm sure. The fact there is any work being done for a new base client is very exciting. This means the new zones and revamps will be supported, and I have collects for nearly all the revamps before SEQ broke again :(
Old 07-27-2007, 02:19 AM
Rogean
Administrator

FatherNitWit has been working on this, and its nowhere near playable atm. We don't have many logs for anniversary edition to go off of, so its a bit harder to find out everything we need.

With that being said, if you DO have logs between the dates of 2/13/07 to 3/14/07 get a hold of me or FNW.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:10 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Bummer, last log I have is 1/14/07 :(
Old 07-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Teppen
Banned

IMO, I think we should focus on getting all the features supported concerning titanium and the expansions it provides before jumping to a new client that provides what 2 or 3 expansions after depths of darkhallow.. and peq is currently on planes of power release. I would wait. New anniversary editions are always being released, and you could always support a new edition. But its seems stupid to start supporting every anniversary edition that pops up, when they are only supporting a few new expansions. We loose more than we gain. The amount of time wasted on getting the new anniversary client to work (and im talking all opcodes, aa's, etc) could be better spent getting titanium as close to 100% supported first. Whats missing from titanium currently well.. in short alot. Heres just a few to name:
----
LDON System
Tasks (referring to quest tasks)
Bandoliers
Leadership Exp Panel
Shrouds
DoN Missions
.... and probably alot more
----

Titanum supports enough of expansions to keep the community busy for awhile. Ofcourse there are probably several people who doubt my thoughts, but you will be just wasting time if you start support for another anniversary client. Focus on the one at hand (Titanium). We can always upgrade to a new client after we get all the expansions supported by Titanium supported by EQEmulator.

my little rant for the year...

/rant off

Last edited by Teppen; 07-28-2007 at 09:34 PM..
Old 07-28-2007, 01:41 PM
sfisque
Hill Giant

problem is, titanium is becoming a "diminishing resource". its not available commercially, and eventually, the ebay copies will run out.

moving to a newer baseline that is stable (assuming the anniversary version is playable "off the disc") is not a bad idea. but its going to take time/effort so we have to be patient.

my only peeve currently is the LS issue.

== sfisque
Old 07-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Teppen
Banned

hmm... no one must of bought titanium where i live then.. my local gamespot, and EB Games has about 5 copies each of titanium and about 5 copies out of anniversary at both stores... dunno.