Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:33 PM
HeavyHand
Fire Beetle

"Huppy" may be the author you are looking for.

For your Server to show up in the public list (easiest method), you need to follow the suggestion to sign up for a server account.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Ironic as it may be I had to install Xampp to get the source to compile.
At least at this point in time I have no errors and can focus on creating content and learning how to query in changes on a larger scale to speed things up.
This was a great guide to follow even if it was slightly dated. Still applies in all areas.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:10 PM
duurrk
Fire Beetle

So I went all the way through this guide, have everything set up (or so I believe), and I'm puzzled as to how I am supposed to launch my private client EQ now. Once I created the .bat file, I went ahead and moved it to the 'EQEmu' folder since it wouldn't work anywhere else, then ran it. It popped up 3 windows which looked like they were initiating all the files and loading zones. Then I went to my client (running the server on a VM), and changed the eqhost.txt file to reflect my svr's IP:5998. I'm not sure if the shortcut still needs to have in the Target: "...eqgame.exe patchme -w", or if that was for the public servers only ? Anyway, I left it as is and tried launching it. I get up to login and tried the root and pass for mysql (the only account which was actually set up during that guide), and nothing. I also tried admin password with all variations of capitals, etc. Am I to be running a different load file or what is going on? When I try those user/pass combinations, it just tells me it's not valid. I'd love to get this at least launching soon if anyone can give me insight. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

From the guide:

INSERT INTO tblLoginServerAccounts (AccountName, AccountPassword, AccountEmail, LastLoginDate, LastIPAddress) VALUES('Admin', sha('password'), 'admin@somewhere.com', now(), '127.0.0.1');
• Edit the above statement as follows:
• After “VALUES”, edit 'Admin' and 'password' to what you would like the login information to be. Edit 127.0.0.1 to the i.p. address of the client machine you will be logging in from.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
duurrk
Fire Beetle

Yeah I saw that part of the guide and made the file on my desktop with the user I am attempting to utilize and pass & host IP. The account shows in the DB but when I attempt to log in it's not working out. I posted the full details of this problem on Windows Server support here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32877
Old 03-12-2011, 03:40 PM
kaio1337
Fire Beetle

I'm pretty new to all this, so bare with me.
I installed MySQL and I don't have C:/MySQL/lib or C:/MySQL/source. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, Will I run into a problem down the road not having these files? If so, how do I go about getting them?

*EDIT* a little reading goes along way, I figured it out. in control panel you can add Developer Components to mysql.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:37 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
xampp worked for me too.
Ok, so u say that works, but when i install it, what am i supposed to do I.E tinkering into the C++ to replace the perl file like i dont see the lib/ or w/e it wants to add in that directory. any tips?
Old 03-19-2011, 11:42 PM
joligario
Developer

The bin and lib directories are in the perl directory in the root of your xampp installation.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Any suggestions on getting the 2 repositories pulled down. I've tried with both TortoiseSVN and SmartSVN. Gave both like an hour to try to do anything. TSVN just freezes at the Checkout window until I finally cancel it, SSVN stops right at "Checking repository layout..." and won't go any further. Does the same on both the source and the DB.

EDIT:

SmartSVN finally just timed out. It gave the error "timed out waiting for server PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/trunk'". I have all firewalls disabled and if I manually browse the two folders in Chrome I can successfully navigate both structures. Stumped and not sure what to do about this now.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:13 AM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

I have a suggestion, I seem to remember this happening to me a while back. I changed http to https and it worked. I hope that is helpful.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Oh weird, my reply that I fixed it ended up on one thread but not the other that I was inquiring on even though I posted to both. I fixed the problem. As it turns out it was my Bitdefender AV, even though I completely disabled the firewall. I also had to disable the AV & Privacy portions, no idea why that was the case as I got no pop-up warning and only the firewall should have affected this. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:27 PM
dhgbrown
Fire Beetle

Default eqemulogin server stuck

Well after lots of searching found this thread.

I am able to compile etc just can not get the eqemuloginserver to work for me. Here is the current output while trying to run eqemuloginserver by itself manually.

[Debug] [10.28.11 - 14:20:47] Logging System Init.
[Debug] [10.28.11 - 14:20:47] Config System Init.
[Error] [10.28.11 - 14:20:47] Config::Parse(), file was unable to be opened for parsing.
[Error] [10.28.11 - 14:20:47] Database Initialization Failure.
[Debug] [10.28.11 - 14:20:47] Config System Shutdown.
[Debug] [10.28.11 - 14:20:47] Log System Shutdown.

I know it has to be something simple.

Dave
Old 10-28-2011, 05:33 PM
dhgbrown
Fire Beetle

Default Figured it out

Figured it out went through the source and in Main read where itwas looking for login.ini

So far so good.

Dave
Old 10-28-2011, 06:08 PM
dhgbrown
Fire Beetle

Default Logging in to the server. Please wait...

Still no EQ playing yet but I am getting much closer. Seems the client is getting stuck right after authentication somewhere.

Any Ideas?

Dave
Old 10-28-2011, 09:47 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Which client?
I suddenly have issues with my back up original non patched download of seeds client. Something with the opcodes but my UF is working for me.