Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:46 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Default Health Display Issue (SoF)

For some reason now that I've updated everything (I believe so, might have missed an SQL update somewhere), my displayed HP is always 1 less than max.

Made a Halfling Warrior to test and it shows he has 38/39 HP.

I remember a while back I had a similar issue and it was due to an SQL update I missed, but that was years ago and I forgot what it was.

Anyone have any ideas?

For the record, I did turn on SoF client HP/Mana/Endurance values in rule_values table, so that's not it.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 AM
trevius
Developer

Are you referring to the SoD client or the SoF client? The new formulas for HP/Mana/End weren't introduced until the SoD client. There is no rule for SoF, it is for SoD.

If you are using the SoD (or later) client, you are probably just seeing the issue where they formulas to calculate HP/Mana/End are not 100% perfect. They are very close, but not 100%. If you are able to do a #mystats, it will show you what values the server is using for those stats on your char.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:35 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Yeah, I meant SoD.

I remember before I updated everything (database and server) that it calculated fine. I suppose it's not that big of a deal.

I'll check mystats tomorrow and report back.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:23 AM
trevius
Developer

Well, when I figured out the formula that is used for the SoD+ clients, I was able to get it very close, but not 100%. So, in some cases, it may be an exact match, but depending on class and level, and possibly other stuff like stamina, it might not be 100% accurate all of the time. I think I was able to get it to where it was always within 1 or 2 HP accuracy of what the client uses. Also, I think that I tried to make it error on the side of using more HPs than the server does, so you can always reach 100%, and not bounce between 99% and 100%. Maybe something else is going wrong.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:09 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Yeah. Mystats reports it as being full. I know it's merely a visual issue, but it is kinda annoying to see 99% all the time.

I just tested some things on my server and noticed that my level 70 didn't have this problem, so I made a new character and lo and behold, it was present. So I tested it again by leveling him to 70, no issue. Leveled back to 1, present again, then leveled him all the way through to level 7 and the issue disappeared, then it came back at level 8-9, gone at 10, back at 11-12, gone at 13, back at 14-15, gone at 16. Seems to go away every third level beyond 7, all the way up to 49, which is fine, then 50 and PPPPBLT, borked.

Not sure what's going on there but it seems to be a rounding issue.

Anyway, thanks for the information Trev, much appreciated.