Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

Default SK lifetap shrouds

Out of curiousity, has anyone been able to fix or know why the SK shrouds cast all the wrong spells? The last working shroud I have for SK's is lvl 37 Scream of Death.

For example:

level 67 SK spell Shroud of Discord, is supposed to have "shroud of discord strike" proc... However when it does fire, it fires off the spell Boggle which i believe is an enchanter spell.

Looking at the spell it says its a effect 85 (weapon proc) and to fire spell 6102 (shroud of discord strike) yet it fires Boggle which is spell id 3229.

3229 isn't anywhere in the spell file for either shroud...
Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

Question? If it isn't in your spell file, it may be a database-sided issue, or you don't have a spell file that goes with your database, there is a way to export the database into a spells_us.txt using the export_spells.pl that should be located somewhere in your folder, try getting that spell file and see if you have the same issue.

EDIT: In my database that spell does indeed have the strike as its proc.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

No what I was saying is Shroud of Discord says to proc Shroud of discord Strike which happens to be spell file id 6102. It all looks correctly labeled and done but its proc'n spell id 3229 (boggle) and the numbers 3229 do not appear in either spell file (not in the the buff Shroud of Discord, or the Shroud of Discord Strike lines at all)

So in other words, it all looks like it should. I have both spell files, and its all pointing in the right direction, I just cant figure out why every single shroud spell is casting different buffs... One shroud procs burn out 4, one procs a 70% haste spell called Rich's Test spell, and one I have no idea what it procs bc it keep saying you need to select a target.... the last working shroud I have is lvl 37.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

If it's not a spell file issue and not database-sided, then I have no idea how to diagnose your error, I tried, sorry for not being able to fix your issue, you could try to put a different spell in the proc of the Shroud of Discord and see if it actually procs that spell or another spell? More of a trial and error type thing, I hope you get it fixed. ~Harbinger Zamthos
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

That sounds like the symptoms of a mismatched spells_new table and client spell file.

I just tested this on my server and everything is normal.

What you need to do is export your spells_new table into a spells_us.txt file using one of the exporters, then copy that to your main Everquest directory. This same thing will happen if you log onto any custom server that uses custom spell files and you're not using that exact spell file.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

I told him what you just said, but not exactly, I assumed he would know how to properly 'install' his spell file. 0.o
Old 04-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

I have the same spell file. Ive imported my client spell file bc it had 28k spells and my original server file only had 15k.

Im gonna do what Zam said and just swap out the strike portion of it with another spell ID and see if it fires that spell.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:09 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceblade View Post
I have the same spell file. Ive imported my client spell file bc it had 28k spells and my original server file only had 15k.

Im gonna do what Zam said and just swap out the strike portion of it with another spell ID and see if it fires that spell.
What client are you using? Each client can only handle a certain number of spells and anything above that number will cause errors like this, meaning that the 28k spell file you're using could be causing the issue.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

Underfoot client sir.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Klor_Warbringer
Fire Beetle

I believe Underfoot has a low cap, I would recommend trying a newer client, possibly the UF/HoT and seeing if you still have the issue, some clients don't allow spells above 28,000 to be used at all, some don't like anything over 10,000, Titanium that is, and RoF is up to, I believe, 32,000.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

Even tho the spell id's themselves are 6102 and below, you think it might be the issue? That would suck lol, ill see if i can find a different client
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Klor_Warbringer
Fire Beetle

If it is such a low ID it may be file-linked, where exactly are you putting your spell file when you install it?
Old 04-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

my old file was only like 11k spells? that came with my rev, so i imported my spells_us out of my client eq file and those few spells are the only ones not working. Even my pets are working which a few servers had issues with.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

I stand corrected, all of my mana tap shrouds are working its just the HP ones past lvl 37.. idk what lvl 67 is casting it keeps asking to select a target, black shroud is casting Boggle thats what ive been kinda working with. When Use MQ to look at the spell info it says its casting the right strike, and even in the spell file it says its casting the right one. And I can #cast the strike and it works just fine, Im just not sure where the spell confusion is coming from.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:37 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

MQ fetches the information your client has about spells, which is spells_us.txt, your server DB must be wrong. Check what it says there.

EDIT:

run
Code:
SELECT `effect_base_value1` FROM `spells_new` WHERE `id` =  '5327';