Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > Simple Client

Old 04-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Aergad
Banned

Default Is this still being developed...

I was wondering if this is still being developed or if development has stalled I read through that at one time there was talk of the source being released atleast more in part or some such...

If its not being activly developed any longer perhaps it would be cool if the source was released?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:12 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

FYI
For anyone who asks about this in the future - last I talked to WC, no source will be ever be released.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 05-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I've been taking a short break, and waiting to see if my admin privileges on the SourceForge account ever get reinstated, so I can start making releases again. If I ever decide to quit the scene, rest assured, the entire source WILL be released. I won't let it die just because I get burned out.

Edit: it looks like SourceForge made a small policy change and now they only allow lowercase usernames. Maybe that's the problem. If an admin could give me the ability to create releases again under the username "windcatcher" I can start posting releases again (and the first order of business will be an OpenZone bugfix that KhaN needs).
Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 PM
OrisonSeven
Sarnak

Windcatcher,
I have attempted to create a simpleclient server with no success as the content being created by myself and my team would be drastically be benefited by the ability to use animation which isnt supported by the .s3d format.

I realise that you have taken time off, but do you have any plans to eventually break into the .eqg files or possible have openzone support bump mapping? Simply put, bump mapping would drastically alter the look and feel of any zone created with a new realistic feel like the content being created for eqLive. Texture blending would also be a huge help seeing as trying to bake textures leads to a whole new ball of issues with seams and such.

If you are interested, Id like to help with simpleclient content, but also with the furthering of openzone (though i am not a coder) to enable further depth of creation.

Thanks.

-A goal is in mind. but the view is still clouded-
Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Tabidzukare
Sarnak

Default To WC/Orison

Hey Guys,

Saw this post and thought I'd throw it out to WindCatcher that I would *love* to be able to assist in working on any projects with you from a code perspective.. I'm completely new to C++ programming, in fact I picked it up to be able to eventually modify your model viewer and I'm walking down the road to learning OpenGL.. If you have any hints to point me in the right direction to help you out or if you have anything remedial I could do to lighten the load if you wanted to work on anything let me know.. I'm looking for ways to get my hands dirty but right now it seems that even syntactically knowing C++ is a very small portion to the programming puzzle..

One day I *will* create a program to extract all EQ's resources, but in the mean time I'd love to be able to help with other tools.. I'm fresh to the programming scene but if I'm helped a bit I know I can do great things.

BTW, Orison! Great to hear your team is still plugging away. Best of luck (continually ) and hopefully WC will respond or one day my skill will be great enough to look into the help you're needing !

Kindest Regards~~
Old 06-03-2009, 10:05 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I think the tools, etc.. are programmed in pascal.. correct me if I'm wrong WC.

But anyway WC, we always love to have you around. Your expertise is always essential around here and you always have a real sense of understanding stuff most of us can only imagine.

Later,

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 06-04-2009, 05:37 AM
SP6Men
Fire Beetle

Delphi if i remember well.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I was away from it for a while, but I've started working on it again. I actually was going to start a month ago, and then my monitor died and it took that long to get it fixed. This weekend I fixed a ton of memory leak bugs and I'm working on getting dynamic lighting working using shaders.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

A little update...I made some more progress on dynamic lighting today. It's still not perfect, but it's a lot closer now. There seems to be some sort of state issue...when I only allow dynamic lighting on one object it's perfect but not when I enable it for all of them. I still need to figure that one out.