Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Disorder
Hill Giant

Default DB change error 1062

Attempting to use command prompt to edit a database table column. I entered this -

Code:
UPDATE char_create_combinations SET start_zone = 58;
The result is
Quote:
Error 1062 <23000>: Duplicate Entry '1-1-396-58' for key 'PRIMARY'

This just a syntax error or am I way off track?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

which record are you trying to set the start_zone to 58 on? all of them?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

This happens because there are multiple entries for the same class and race, due to multiple deities, I've tried this as well, never found a work around, but if you set it for the majority, most people will start in the start, you could disable all deities except for one if necessary.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:05 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

you could use a script to move everyone to the zone you want them to start in as a work around. it's not an ideal solution, because they'd zone twice when they first enter the world, but then you could bind them.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Disorder
Hill Giant

c0ncrete,

Aye, I was trying to edit the char_create_combinations tables. Wanting to ensure all people start in zone 58. Could a script be used to catch the ones that fall through the cracks instead of being the default? I could set all to 58 except duplicates, and then set the few odd balls to zone_B - and make the script just on zone_B.. say the tutorial zone.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

yeah. that'd work. just use the global player script in templates to check for a gqglobal that you set the first time anyone logs in. if the qgloabl isn't set and they're in another zone, move them, bind them, and set a permanent qglobal so it doesn't ever move them again. you'd want to set the qglobal for everyone else when they first log in as well, there would just be no need to move them.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Disorder
Hill Giant

Interesting, I've never worked with qglobal. I'll have to try and figure this out.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:14 AM
arcerean
Fire Beetle

you can change the start zone in variables also, make entry StartZone then zone short name, For zone 58 would be varname-Startzone, value- crushbone