Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Goth
Sarnak

Default Content past GoD?

I am a newb and just finished setting up a stand alone server so i can play a single player EQ. However i just noticed that all of the mobs passed GoD seem to not be anything like "Live" They have little HP and do not drop anything.

Am I missing something or is EQemu only "live" like to GoD? I also noticed i stopped gaining exp at level 65.

I was a little bummed beings i have the UF client thinking i could play EQ up to that point.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:56 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

there is no NPC/loot data collected/recorded past GoD expansion at this time

There is a rule in DB that you can change to set the max level to, however there is also a bug that causes problem when leveling beyond lev 89
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Goth
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
there is no NPC/loot data collected/recorded past GoD expansion at this time

There is a rule in DB that you can change to set the max level to, however there is also a bug that causes problem when leveling beyond lev 89
Thanks,

is this mostly addressed here http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=212898

is EQemu going to be pushing the content to be updated through UF anytime soon?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

The best solution for content past GoD is to implement it yourself. Custom content is always fun and you can literally do almost anything you can code.

Some of the devs were/are working on a hugh update for the main database. You can read about it at the following:
Code:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35801
It is possible to level past 89 but that is the cut off for the current source code. It does not occur because of a bug it occurs because the exp value exceeds the limit of the variable used for exp. With some mods to the source you can level past 89 with no problems. My private server goes to level 254 before leveling by exp is halted. Another individual in the community was able to level past 65000. There is a link to some of this some where on this site but I don't feel like finding it right now.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I wrote a tool that pulls loot drops from Allakhazam, and the reason behind it was the main reason you stated. The best zones have no loot and I wanted to rectify that.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
I wrote a tool that pulls loot drops from Allakhazam, and the reason behind it was the main reason you stated. The best zones have no loot and I wanted to rectify that.

GeorgeS
I'm waiting for Cavedude to get back to finish up the work that I was doing with the huge data collects.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Goth
Sarnak

how is the "update" coming?