Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 11-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Default Everquest 2 Released. Server Names within.

Server Names:
Antonia Bayle (RP Preferred)
Befallen
Blackburrow
Crushbone
Guk
Mistmoore
Najena
Permafrost
Runnyeye(UK)
Storms (French)
Unrest
Valor (German)

I will most likely be playing on Mistmoore server.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Gorad232
Fire Beetle

anyone else think the server names are corny?
Old 11-08-2004, 09:34 AM
hypershadow66
Banned

they are all zone names, so yeah duhh lol.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:53 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

If they release a PvP server, will they call it Arena?

Oh, and will they release a special server you pay $40/mo for, that supposedly has more GM's and events? And call it Cshome?
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:20 AM
relorm500
Hill Giant

^ you mean Sunset Home lol
Ba Fo On
Old 11-12-2004, 11:34 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

so is it fun?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:31 PM
McFox666
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalninjajesus
so is it fun?
EQ old is better =)
Old 11-12-2004, 02:09 PM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

im asking the ppl who are actually playing it, asshat.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Yup, Loads of fun.. Heres some screenshots:

Http://www.rogean.com/images/everquest2/
Old 11-15-2004, 11:43 PM
bUsh
Sarnak

EQ2 is fucking TERRIBLE, even the 'graphical beauty' that I thought it would at least provide is mediocre at best. I must admit World of Warcraft has completely surpassed my original expectations, and I don't think EQ2 will even have a chance to survive. Can you believe that they offer additional options for EQ2 accounts like an Online Character Profile? It's a simple feature that shouldn't require an ADDITIONAL fee. That ALONE proves to me that Sony Online Entertainment is completely incapable of producing anything that hasn't solely been optimized to pinch every dollar from its customers' pockets.

I still just can't believe EQ2 is even out in retail right now. It looks worse than Lineage 2 Beta and is so bugged a friend of mine behind a college network can't even get past patching (He Pre-Ordered EQ2 and now he's playing WoW Open Beta while his b0rked EQ2 copy sits on the floor). Pathetic, Sony.

I was quite tempted to buy EQ2, though. Luckily, God must have been keepin' an eye out for me, because I got out to Wal-Mart 15 minutes after they closed and now I'm happily playing WoW instead of having wasted $50.

Maybe if we can get an EQ2Emu goin' someday it'll be useful, but I highly recommend anyone out there with a brain to stay as far away from EQ2 as possible (and with WoW, Half-Life 2, GTA:SA and Halo 2 out this month it should be easy).

* ServerOP * The Green Leaf Server
Old 11-16-2004, 08:46 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

you didnt play the game, you dont get an opinion on the game.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUsh
EQ2 is fucking TERRIBLE, even the 'graphical beauty' that I thought it would at least provide is mediocre at best. I must admit World of Warcraft has completely surpassed my original expectations, and I don't think EQ2 will even have a chance to survive. Can you believe that they offer additional options for EQ2 accounts like an Online Character Profile? It's a simple feature that shouldn't require an ADDITIONAL fee. That ALONE proves to me that Sony Online Entertainment is completely incapable of producing anything that hasn't solely been optimized to pinch every dollar from its customers' pockets.

I still just can't believe EQ2 is even out in retail right now. It looks worse than Lineage 2 Beta and is so bugged a friend of mine behind a college network can't even get past patching (He Pre-Ordered EQ2 and now he's playing WoW Open Beta while his b0rked EQ2 copy sits on the floor). Pathetic, Sony.

I was quite tempted to buy EQ2, though. Luckily, God must have been keepin' an eye out for me, because I got out to Wal-Mart 15 minutes after they closed and now I'm happily playing WoW instead of having wasted $50.

Maybe if we can get an EQ2Emu goin' someday it'll be useful, but I highly recommend anyone out there with a brain to stay as far away from EQ2 as possible (and with WoW, Half-Life 2, GTA:SA and Halo 2 out this month it should be easy).
You've never played the fucking game and your gonna make an asshat opinion like that? Get some facts, Don't just judge it by its cover.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Spike
Discordant

0_o -*Raises eyebrow*

Ok, and why does it matter again? And why in the lord's name is this stickied. *MOVED OFF TOPIC* (oh wait your admins, DO IT!)
Old 11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
baseballer
Fire Beetle

why can't we all just get along?

opinions are what people think, everyone has different feelings, i myself don't give a shit about EQ2, WoW is looking my way, almost done DL'ing the damn beta, and im anxiously waiting to be impressed.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:26 AM
mrea
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUsh
Can you believe that they offer additional options for EQ2 accounts like an Online Character Profile? It's a simple feature that shouldn't require an ADDITIONAL fee.
It is free you dipshit. Having played neither, EQ2 looks a helluva lot better (as WOW's graphics looked like they just enlarged the models from Warcraft 3) and the gameplay too. But o well.