Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:28 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

oh yeah sorry the multiplayer server is closed for development single player still has all the content multiplayer does but multiplayer has other features that im working on and till they are done its more trouble then its worth to have it up live for people to play on yet other then devs doing testing and so forth

yeah im not quite sure about the fight times Ive made paladin ranger barb and warr toons for testing and it didnt take quite that long so it might be class dependant but ill look into it

The demp game tomorr will be a bit larger lol added a ton of graphics to it for the new zones and so forth

EDIT:

Oh and jsut so everyone knows ive been working on adding some better gear to the game icons are a bit lacking for them but the ingame graphics otherwise are there and they are usable, ill take a look at the combat functions now to see what takes so long it would help if i knew what class you made
Old 06-26-2008, 12:41 AM
trevius
Developer

I wanted to make a rogue, but saw that it wasn't available and picked another class (pretty sure it was a paladin) and was fighting a raptor looking thing called a "Grisu".
Old 06-26-2008, 01:00 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

oh yeah those lol a bit above level one that was it lol ingame they are a subspecies of dragon hence tough to kill wait till you go up against one of their big cousins hehe yes therewill be real dragons in this game good and bad rogues will be added in the first expansion we release
Old 06-26-2008, 04:19 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

Ok Time for a vote here...

Do you guys want me to release a demo with just a few spawned zones, OR would you rather wait till I get all 34 of the base game zones spawned and quested and a few more playable races added before i release this as an alpha version demo?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:33 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

We have added the following zones we havent populated them all yet but here is a tentative list

Alhanas
Umar Hills
North Umar
South Umar
East Umar
West Umar
Darkenwood
Dragon Lake
Elodal
Fallows
Loki forest
Nerah's Grove
Ravenshire
North Ulmar
South Ulmar
East Ulmar
West Ulmar
Whispering Mountains
Druin Port
Firesand
Eastern Elderwood
Western Elderwood
Valley of the elves
Granite Mountains
Hecate's Swamp
The Highlands
Murkwater Swamp
Darnik Jungles
Serpent Hills
Rahjekin Coast
Rajek

These will be the zones in the base game first version More will be added in later expansions if the game becomes popular
Old 06-26-2008, 09:31 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

Ok due to a merging of development teams and our development efforst the new game name will be Legendary Journeys Ill have a new site setup shortly
Old 06-26-2008, 10:49 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

New URL http://legendaryjourneys.xonos.net
Old 06-26-2008, 08:33 PM
LordRathgil
Banned

I have posted quite a few screenshots of a several of our zones
Old 06-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Theeper
Discordant

This looks pretty cool LordRathgil.

Are you using the MMO Kit or just standalone TGA ?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
LordRathgil
Banned

the mmokit with tge we are considering using tgea but the support for it in the kit isnt great as of yet still pretty bugged up and unstable. right now we are debating wehther or not to use a slightly older version of the kit due to custom coding already done or porting it to the 1.2 version just depends on the ammount of work involved in it I personally am leaning towards 1.2 it "SEEMS" like a more stable reliable build but its still up in the air
Old 06-28-2008, 01:26 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

Looks like we are going with 1.2 I have fixed a few errors with some of the custom coding we still need to do a bit more before the MMO Server goes live for testing but i will package up the game and people who wish to test it are free to play the single player version ( Same content) I should be getting it ready sometime this weekend
Old 06-28-2008, 02:13 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

I am in the process of getting a demo packaged up and ready for testing it should be ready this weekend at the very latest, I am just waiting on some artwork to be finished and then it should be ready for people to try out, you will start in Al'Hanas theres alot of vendors , people to talk to so on and so forth.

It should be mentioned that most everything is done by doubleclicking( Its not eq pressing h wont work) We look forward to getting alot of feedbacka nd bug reports
Old 06-28-2008, 06:27 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

just a reminder the new site url is legendaryjourneys.xonos.net it will be legendary-journeys.net once the dns propogates properly
Old 06-28-2008, 10:09 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

New playable races added you can now play the following races (Might add the rest but for now theres 6)
Human
Drakken
Elf
Dwarf
Ogre
Orc

Still working on gnomes and halflings and perhaps titans and trolls not sure yet on those oh and maybe a werebeing race have to see how it works out though
Old 06-28-2008, 01:08 PM
LordRathgil
Banned

well I am uploading our PRE PRE PRE ALPHA demo client right now there is no live mmo server up so dont even try connecting or registering cause it wont work it should be up in about 2.5 hours ( yes its MUCH larger then the last released demo was give it about 3 hours just to be safe i have to get some sleep thoughg so ill post the link on the LR Site now play in single player mode and please remember this is a pre pre pre alpha version so there are going to be bugs and also please remember

this is NOT EQ the mechanics are different so make sure you read the help and options windows carefully!