Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 11-23-2004, 04:55 PM
jimm0thy
Sarnak

Default Changing PC race permenetly in database not with #command

This is what I am trying to do , I wanted to change a few races to different ones permenatly but not use #permarace or #race (as #permarace corrupts my characters and then they need to be erased). So I figured maybe if I change the race id in the database it would work but it dosent.

Current senerio - changing trolls to look like cazic-thule.
Useing MYSQL Control Center , I go into `races` and change the id of Troll from 9 to 95.

However trolls still do not show up as race 95 (cazic-thule) and on top of that it then moves their starting zone back to neriak instead of freeport as I have it set.

- So does anyone know how to permenetly change a race to another race in the database?
Old 11-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Well the problem here is the race (Models) are stored in the original eq files in your Everquest Folder and are hardcoded to the client. You'd need to hack it apart (**Illegal**) and change them.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:20 PM
jimm0thy
Sarnak

hmm thats what I started to think, oh well