Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-25-2004, 07:43 AM
gottasummer
Discordant

Default Advantage of newest server build?

Hey,
I know the newest server build is great and all, whats the advantage besides it working with EQLive?

I might make a patcher for my server, I probably wont seeing as one has allready been made and released..

Anyhow, thanks for all of the EQ stuff.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:43 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Some basic things I noticed would be it displays the name of mobs in larger text so you can actually read the name of your size 22 mobs. Also it shows your mana and endurance as a number. Im not sure, but I think it also supports the new OOW items and zones as well? It also is supposed to fix the perl bugs from .5.8. It might have AA's...hopefully?
Old 09-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

AAs are broken as far as i can tell on 5.9 DR1...at least mine are. Also Omens of War zones are now supported, all rejoice ^^. However they do not render as well as would hope, anything past a certain distance from the character has large gaping holes in it, you can just see a few polygons. Then again what is up close looks very nice, and the water effects while graphics card demanding, are beautiful.

Dunno about OoW items...You can just create an item to match the stats, dunno if the models are supported yet.