Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-21-2004, 05:49 AM
sgaske24
Sarnak

Default A Few Questions...

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the newly released classic DB (awesome work, btw, bravo!):

1. EDIT: I downloaded a large 300 mb file with .map files, as it was listed as being needed for LOS code to work. Thought I found the answer to my question but I did not. My question is what do I do with these files? I read something about a convertor but also something about the convertor being for linux? I'm really confused about this - someone please explain what to do with these.

2. Why are all the outdoor sky's black? With the other combined DB you used to be able to download, 5.8 servers showed the newer EQ sky's, the good looking ones. I am sure it isn't my client because using the other DB they look fine but with this one they look ...not fine. Is there something I can change to fix that in the DB?

3. I was able to use the new 058 classic DB with 5.7 servers, however nothing moved, aka, no pathing at all. Is this an incompatiblity or is it something changeable in the DB? I like using 5.8 but lots of perl doesn't work right in it, there's that jump to the moon if you step on an npc bug, etc.

Thanks for helpful replies,

Respectfully,
sgaske24
Old 09-21-2004, 06:03 AM
wize_one
Dragon

sky not to sure about.

the pathing is totally new.. it's a 2 grid system wich went into the source arround 5.8 release.. it will not work with 5.7 and b4
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:50 AM
bradalan1
Fire Beetle

Extract the map files to a folder called maps and place it in your EQEmu folder. Not 100% sure if that is where it is supposed to be but it is able to load them from there.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:23 PM
sgaske24
Sarnak

EDIT: All questions answered. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:42 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Place the .map files in a maps folder that is in the same dir as eqemu. You don't have to worry about the converter, as its already been done if you have the map files.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:22 PM
sgaske24
Sarnak

Yes, I got it. Placed them in the directory, and now the mobs actually attack on sight to KoS and assist each other, etc. Very cool. Thanks for the help all.