Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-23-2004, 02:58 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Default Collected mobs request

I have downloaded a few databases and gotten them running, however the PoP boss mobs are not in place. I am creating my own populated and pathed zones for the most part, but I do not have the 'officially collected' data for the PoP gods. I remember someone mentioning that the god data was collected but left out of the public databases. It would be great if the data for the gods could be made available as I'd like to make them as close to the live gods as possible and that will be very difficult to enter into the database accurately via guess and check. TIA
Old 09-23-2004, 03:26 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

PoP isnt "left" out of current databases. It just hasnt been reached yet. We are doing expansions in order with our new data.

PoP is quite a few expansions from now. We are on kunark. You'll just have to wait for us to get there, be patient grasshopper. =)
Old 09-23-2004, 03:36 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Maybe it wasn't you guys. The database that I'm working off of *does* have PoP populated, actually quite thoroughly. Mobs are static, but I'm working on adding some pathing. The only mobs that I've found missing from my exploring so far are the boss mobs themselves. I also remember reading somewhere that their data was collected but purposefully omitted. Wish I could find the link where it was brought up..

Edit: I just went and looked around more and found the thread. It was actually you that had said their data has been collected but not going to be released yet lol.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:36 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Yep. we have the only "collected" database. there were others before us with populated pop+ zones, though. They would require a lot, LOT of work to get functioning these days though
Old 09-23-2004, 04:42 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

I'm only concerned about accurate mob properties/stats/abilities. I have no problem going and populating the mobs and their pathing on my own, and soon to dive into scripting also. I just don't want to have to guess and check the mob type/textures/size/speed/etc/etc/etc. I'd prefer accurate live data for that.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:35 AM
wize_one
Dragon

you can try checking out our old 5.5 data.. that did have some pop stuff in it..
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

I am working on putting together a MySQL script as well as a set of perl quests that will create the necessary mobs in your database, with loot, and set them to spawn. The perl quests will accurately trigger every PoP boss event and spawn a planar projection as needed. IF you'd like i'll let you know when it's ready for release.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:58 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Sounds interesting. The pop "event trigger" quests would be very much used by the whole community )
Old 09-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Elkay
Hill Giant

TRC.. ::shudder:: I never want to do that again, not even on emu..