Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-06-2004, 06:22 AM
DaGrumpf
Fire Beetle

Default Is there any blank database working with 5.9-DR2 ?

Hello,

My question might be silly, as i am a bit new to this, but, as my topic is saying, i wondered how it was possible to get an unpopulated database working with the latest release. I juste want to have all the zones virgins of any mob, so that i can try to populate them.

As far as i know, the only database referenced on this forum is the PEQ_5.8_Classic wich do not interest me at the moment.

So would anyone have a clue ?

Thank you in advance.

Da Grumpf.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:26 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

You can take an existing database and delete all records from the following tables:

npc_types
spawn2
spawngroup
spawnentry

the SQL command DELETE FROM tablename;
will remove all data from that table.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:20 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

Leave npc_types alone, otherwise you'll have nothing to populate with. Clearing the other 3 will indeed remove all spawned mobs though.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:25 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

I think ranger was assuming he wanted to create all his mobs from scratch.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:12 AM
jenniferrose
Sarnak

Is there a 5.9 database with all of the zones available for play other than the just classic zones? I see alot about changing the variable to 255 which is nice for creating the characters ect, but you still need the expansion zones sourced in the database to zone into them.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:51 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Simple answer, no.

Longer answer, yes if you take an older database and do the appropriate changes to it. But there's a lot, which i won't go in too.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:24 AM
wize_one
Dragon

there used to be a file called db.sql that came with the emu source.. that is a blank as blank gets db.. it basically has the db structure to it with little to no info. not sure if it still gets packaged or not though
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:29 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

I'm working on combining old databases into a current version right now. Since old item ids didn't seem to match up with the ids we're using now, I had to drop all of the mob loot entries, and factions didn't seem to line up either. My goal right now is to get every zone populated first, then work on loot, then on faction, then on pathing, and lastly on scripting. It's going to be a while, but when I do finally release it, I'm sure everyone will enjoy it. As of right now, I have 191 zones populated. I'm also not keeping everything completely true to EQ. I'm scaling everything to make most high level encounters doable by a few groups. On that note, I was thinking that it would be cool if we added an adjustable setting of "difficulty" that globally adjusts mob hp/atk ratings etc, like a modifier that is calculated against all mob's stats when they are populated to the zone. This would allow for scalable play, and as a server becomes more popular, this one or few numbers can be adjusted to compensate rather than having to go crazy on the entire database.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:08 AM
DaGrumpf
Fire Beetle

I was exactly looking for that db.sql, usually packaged with each release of EQemu.

Does it exists anymore ? And if yes, where to get it please ?

Thank you.

Da Grumpf.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:38 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
Since old item ids didn't seem to match up with the ids we're using now, I had to drop all of the mob loot entries
Everquest item id's never change. So unless you have custom items, the id's will be the same.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Elkay
Hill Giant

The database I was working off was molested, so the loot was not a la live. Unfortunate, since it was the most populated DB I had, with a lot of my own spawns added. I'd have ended up going through all the drops anyway. Another thing I plan on doing is implementing accurate npc spells, at least for the "boss" mobs. I tested it with Quarm and have him using his 8 live spells. I just wish EQ Live had implemented a more flexible file structure, instead of having mob graphics hard coded to zone files they could have had the mobs separately loaded. That would have made for much better gm events, not that our server had many anyway lol.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:43 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

to make db.sql
get a 5.9 db that has stuff in it...

mysqldump --no-data dbname >db.sql

then drop that database, and recreate it.
finally load in db.sql
Old 10-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Sims
Sarnak

actually...atm Im testing a blank db that I made atm
Old 10-09-2004, 09:28 PM
srarcade
Fire Beetle

Quote:
to make db.sql
get a 5.9 db that has stuff in it...

mysqldump --no-data dbname >db.sql

then drop that database, and recreate it.
finally load in db.sql
This won't work. It just crashes the world server whever you try to enter the world. I've tried adding in starting zones/points but it still crashes.