Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-26-2004, 03:32 PM
MrJag
Hill Giant

Default carefull on the 28th

just a warning for those who dont use a back up EQ folder
not saying this will break EQEMu but it could so be carefull

On Wednesday, April 28th, 2004 at 4 am PDT(-7 UTC) all english language everquest servers (all but Kael Drakkal and Sebilis) will be coming down for a scheduled update.Estimated downtime is 3 hours.

Upcoming April 2004
We have an update tentatively scheduled for April 28th.

This update should have a lot of exciting and fun additions to the world of EQ including;

A new storybook for you to follow to peruse.

We will be moving a new adventure zone to Legends (the adventure zone currently on Legends should move to live as well).

Brenlo the Updated

Former Server Op
Iron Tower Server
Old 04-26-2004, 03:42 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I highly suspect that since SOE's undertaking the big DX9 engine redesign we're gonna have a whole bunch of game-breaking patches over the next several months.

Well, game-breaking for Emu at least, and as an added bonus a handful of game-breaking patches for Live too! :lol:

Anyways, I don't know how much trouble it is for the devs to rework the net code each time they make a patch that breaks our entering the world servers... but if it's a lot of trouble you might wanna consider just biting the bullet and saying ok, for the next month or 2 we're gonna work on moving the project forward and we're not gonna put that on hold 5 days out of every week to scramble and try to fix what Sony broke. If you patch during this time, TOUGH NOOGIES.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:30 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

Actualy when the patch comes if it breaks eqemu i am going to patch, you know why? so i can collect packets.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:52 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

mmmmmm packets /drool
Old 04-27-2004, 05:17 AM
Yzien
Fire Beetle

Default yeah your right

yeah im going to have to get an EQ backup folder thanks for info man
Old 04-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Gossamer
Sarnak

Should sticky this in every forum as a warning lol. You know after the patch the questions of why the game doesnt work with the emulator will be in every forum heh.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

I never use a backup folder anymore, its an added incentive to getting the code fixed if you cant play until it is
Old 04-28-2004, 06:46 AM
mikenune
Discordant

Hehe. The difference here is that you're a dev and can actually pitch in to get the code done faster. We're just the poor schmoes that have to sit on our behinds and wait.

And believe me, there's a BIIIIG differeence between sitting on your behind playing computer and sitting on it waiting!