Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

Default Bard bots

As stated in the other thread, I recently noticed I have issues with bard bots not singing any songs after their first fight. I have modified nothing in the source that would have to do with bard songs aside from adding them to the mez code. As another user previously experienced the same bug than I dont think it would have anything to do with this. I'm not sure what the issue is. If anyone can lead me in the right direction it would be much appreciated
Old 07-25-2012, 01:12 PM
bad_captain
Developer

I'll see if I can replicate this on my own server. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Uleat
Developer

I just tested my config out with the 2171 rev and sql update and didn't see any issues with my bards..at least after
a dozen or so fights in Umbral...

Could still be an issue, but didn't readily show with me.

Have you sourced in the bot stance updates?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-25-2012, 04:15 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Or the spell timers sql?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Uleat
Developer

I like your suggestion better Bad_Captain

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 PM
louis1016
Hill Giant

Looks like i missed the latest bot spell timers sql, it works fine now, thanks a lot
Old 07-26-2012, 12:17 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

nevermind that, after a few more fights the bot bard stopped again.. i suppose ill try to run the debugger to see where the error is
Old 07-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Uleat
Developer

I'll play a bit on my server tonight and see what happens.

Are the bot bards that do this in your personal group or in a bot group? (or both?)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-31-2012, 02:08 AM
bad_captain
Developer

I just did some testing, and my bard was singing her songs without stop. I'll do some more testing, but there may be something messed up on your end.

This was both in my group and within a botgroup.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:01 AM
Uleat
Developer

Also, if you modded your bots.cpp file at any time, if any future revisions update this file, you will have to revert
it to get the updated fixes.

Afterwards, you will have to go back in and make those modifications again. Diff files are good, but I'd recommend
just copying the modified function to a new text file in case that particular function is updated in the revision.

I never did have any problems with the current revision (2171 actually) and bard bot songs...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 AM
bad_captain
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Also, if you modded your bots.cpp file at any time, if any future revisions update this file, you will have to revert
it to get the updated fixes.

Afterwards, you will have to go back in and make those modifications again. Diff files are good, but I'd recommend
just copying the modified function to a new text file in case that particular function is updated in the revision.

I never did have any problems with the current revision (2171 actually) and bard bot songs...
Not necessarily. I typically run with some custom code that I'm working on, and usually just do SVN Update, and it automatically merges the changes, just as long as they don't overlap. If they do, you get different files you must merge manually, then tell it the conflicts are resolved. Sometimes it's easier to copy out and then back in custom changes, but most of the time a simple update will work.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:20 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

i havent gotten around to testing but the problem is probably in my bot.cpp or botspellsai file. Ive done a lot of custom work and the problem is probably a byproduct of one of my changes. thanks for looking into the issue
Old 07-31-2012, 11:09 AM
louis1016
Hill Giant

ok the problem was with my botspellsai.cpp in some code I added to heal lowest hp group members first, fixed it and now everything with my bards work fine, thanks again
Old 07-31-2012, 04:00 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Good to hear!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:12 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Seriously Louis1016, be alittle respectful of people's time. You post in multiple threads about the issue, multiple updates and its all because YOU fucked up your code. BC is a stand up guy but its a huge dick move to waste other people's time because you were too lazy/stupid/retarded/inbred to remember you made changes and were too busy getting fat/sister fucking/injecting meth to just grab a fresh server copy and test.

Its hard enough for people to get answers around here as it stands, you will quickly find your small pool of interested helpers dwindle to nothing if you waste their time like this repeatedly.