Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:55 AM
bobfred1
Fire Beetle

thanks bro, but when you search for bone chips 20 diffrent sets come up, and you need to summone ach one to see which are the stackable bone chips.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:55 AM
gokudavid
Fire Beetle

It's the 3rd or 4th from the bottom... if i was at my laptop i could tell you more... but tahts the best i can do from work lol.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfred1
Well, As a necro I was summoning items and could not get the correct bonechip to summon skellys, kinda agravating hehe, are there any MOBs on this server worth fightign at lvl 70 by the way?

almost forgot, this is a great server, goodfeedback and everything, nice having an admin to it seem to care lol, would be neat if you had merchants with classes best gear or whatever, so everyone that is lvl 70 would have all spells skills and same gear, then maybe dueling or something to keep people coming back?

also is that setallskill thing up I tryed to use it, and it isnt working.

Ill look into the #setallskill command..I thought it was working..Havent tested it though.
For mobs...Maybe bothunder? I dont know..I have alot of trouble keeping alive in those places at 70 so I must be crap at summoning the correct gear..I always look to LUCY to find gear and stuff. I only played live for a few months so I guess its up to the players to figure it out or tell me what is wrong.
I have a semilegit version of the server..So in a few months when everyone has had their fill of nonlegit they can try that..I switch back and forth between the 2.

OK..Thanks for your kind comments and thanks for playing..
Old 03-05-2006, 07:10 PM
gokudavid
Fire Beetle

You can also expect more zones to be spawned very soon. Well as soon as I get some time away from work. Being in the US Military kind of makes it hard to do anything anymore hehe. But expect the best from the server. And I'll also make sure the mobs I spawn have good loot on them. I also plan on compiling a site with all of the best gear per class on Zaius's server. I'd like to make some custom items soon as well... we'll see where this all goes though.

-Dave
Old 03-06-2006, 05:12 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

I have a question.

What version of mysql are you using on your server?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:48 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaus
I have a question.

What version of mysql are you using on your server?
I think its 4.026...
Old 03-07-2006, 11:44 AM
swish
Hill Giant

Default hello

how can i play on this server ? it doesnt show on the list.

thanks =)
Old 03-07-2006, 12:03 PM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongol
how can i play on this server ? it doesnt show on the list.

thanks =)
Post the contents of your "eqhosts.txt" file. You might be connecting to the wrong login server. You can also check the players guide on the wiki. it has all the information to get connected.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 03-07-2006, 05:43 PM
rllndg17
Fire Beetle

I had a question...It seems that anywhere between 2 to 20 mins after logging on to your server I get bugged and I cannot cast spells, attack, etc...I tried searching and found a similar problem with no resolutions posted...any idea how I can fix this? I messed with datarate and got no good results. I really enjoy the server so I hope there is a way to fix this
Old 03-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllndg17
I had a question...It seems that anywhere between 2 to 20 mins after logging on to your server I get bugged and I cannot cast spells, attack, etc...I tried searching and found a similar problem with no resolutions posted...any idea how I can fix this? I messed with datarate and got no good results. I really enjoy the server so I hope there is a way to fix this
Are you doing anything at all when this happens?? Not everything works just right. If you have your datarate bar showing does it get red??
If so then I dont know what to do then.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

OK..For some strange reason my server got totally swamped last night! LOL!
So I restarted just now and crap..I forgot to try to fix the setallskills..
I also set my virtuall memory to zero! I hope that helps and not hurts..

GOOD NEWS! Seems that PEQ luclin DB has been released! I DLed it last night and will be trying to convert my players from the semilegit DB to the new PEQ luclin. Nonlegit will remain the same..(Cavedudes awesome DB)And wont be upgrading the version for nonlegit till there is a release from DRP on that.
Semilegit Im gonna try to get to 6.5 hopefully!

Thanks for playing..Sorry I only have cable connection here..
Old 03-08-2006, 12:52 PM
swish
Hill Giant

Question hello again

this i my eqhost.txt
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5994

and now i see there is a another list of server on 5998 but when i change the eqhost i dont see any server on the list.
what is the problem ?

would appreciate any help =)
thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongol
this i my eqhost.txt
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5994

and now i see there is a another list of server on 5998 but when i change the eqhost i dont see any server on the list.
what is the problem ?

would appreciate any help =)
thanks
That would mean then that your client is not 6.1+ compatible my friend.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 03-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default A solution?

Well Ive been playing with DataBases this past few days and this is what I found out.
First..I think I was wrong about Dark Rogue Productions Cavedudes DB having a different sructure than PEQ..At least up until 6.3..This means that Im going to change my nonlegit server over to 6.3DR1 official release and run ZONE!
THIS MEANS NO QUESTS FOR NONLEGIT! It also means I will not have anymore zone crashes! Also mobs wont run away anymore!
6.4 is going to be more difficult. I guess the changes are zoneconfig(fixed it).
zoneflags(added the table).And npcpets(gonna try petfix .sql maybe..Also I think I have to do this for my PEQluclin DB too. I seem to have npcpet errors for that DB also..
I think I will be able to use PEQ luclin DB for the semilegit DB. Ive got it working now with all accounts and characters. But I think they will lose the bank items. Maybe I give em a week to get stuff out first.

Also I enabled #setskillall (I think thats it). Maybe that will fix the skills problems. Im gonna try to enable #spawn too..So players can spawn whatever MOB they want.

So I think nonlegit server will be much more stable in a few days..Im booting 20 zones now when I only need 12 at the most.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Skooter
Fire Beetle

how can i get to your server's version?