Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 PM
SuperFunTime
Fire Beetle

GoD was awful at it's inception. Uqua and Ikkinz 4 were fairly big cock-blocks.

Altho we enjoyed GoD on the whole later as a source of 2 x 3 box loot for our bots funnily enough.

Omens was awesome in that it offered PoTime/EP gear from tough group events, so you no longer had to sacrifice your life to get some decent loot, if you were a decent but casual player.

DoN had amazing group content that I really enjoyed and it succeeded where LDoN woefully failed. Amount of points to get items was less troublesome, you trade crystals for PP too and sellback items for 66% of the crystals. Along with the great selection of weapon proc augs, charms and even a WR bag.

It lacked a little on the raid side, but then we 2 x 3 boxed Rikky and that other dragon in the same zone later to get bot loot. My friend Joks even figured out a way to beat Yar Lir later on.

DoDh wasn't bad either for group content, a wide selection of rewards to be had, some a little random and crap, but the wolf mask quest gave an item that could last a long time. DoDh raiding was awful though, I'll give you that. DP was a slow raid which it took ages to gear up from.

PoR, short and sucky in many ways not a real exp, but again, a great source of loot in many places for the boxer.

And then it all went horribly wrong in TSS where loot mudflated ridiculously and the culture of having to do 3832787843 quests outside of raiding to progress was instituted.

So I think, not everything after PoP was so bad when played in the right context. I really did love DoN for grouping, since it was everything LDoN should of been. Probably the biggest reason lots of people say PoP+ sucks is because GoD was a level 70 expansion put out to a level 65 player base and a lot of people quit right there and then for WoW.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Asleepdan
Fire Beetle

Anyone else experiencing constant crashes just minutes after loading and zoning in?

I keep getting an error saying my display adapter atikmdag has failed but recovered on its own
Old 05-30-2009, 03:32 PM
LizardNest
Fire Beetle

If I joined this server would I be able to raid with you guys or some other pretty good guild on the server? It sounds like a lot of fun from the comments I've read and it seems super easy to catch up since there's an increased leveling xp.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:55 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNest View Post
If I joined this server would I be able to raid with you guys or some other pretty good guild on the server? It sounds like a lot of fun from the comments I've read and it seems super easy to catch up since there's an increased leveling xp.
Sorry for the late response. If you are not already playing, the answer is yes. It only takes a day or two to get in the 50s and you are welcome to join the guild and raid.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:58 PM
rudeboy2
Fire Beetle

Hiya! I've never been to this server, but am always looking for a good legit server to try out from time to time and was wondering: what's the size of raids on this server?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Redik
Fire Beetle

Whats the status on this server? Pretty sure I had a couple chars on here... but that was many months ago
Old 07-26-2009, 03:33 PM
everlastnmn
Sarnak

Default Status

Currently, this server has been growing by leaps and bounds.

Constant 50+ people online. We are currently in Luclin raiding Vex Thal atm. We have killed everything except Shei for Luclin.

There are 2 guilds on the server. LEET SAUCE and HOOAC and both are very friendly. We have had new members join 2 weeks ago that are up and raiding with us getting VT gear. We still actively do NToV for Vulak, AOW, SSRA bosses, VT, etc.

Right now, almost everyone 4 boxes. As the population grows we'll probably be cutting it down to 2-3. Currently in LEET SAUCE, we raid 20-30 everynight and some people more than others.

We're not DKP so loots are very fair.

The GM TINY has said that we will not progress past POP (I'm still asking to go 2 expansions past POP) and there will be a reset once we reach that point.

Tavian
60 Warlord
Seven
60 Cleric
Nocturnal
60 Rogue
Ssosk
60 Shaman
Old 09-08-2009, 12:30 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

Quick update

We are in PoP now progressing strongly. Today we pulled off: AD, TT, Grummus, Carpin, Bertox in one afternoon with ~18 people. Everyone did a great job.

We have a new GM to help me out. He and I go way back. Short is also an IT professional and an experienced scripter and experienced EQer. He and I used to invent new exploits back on live....

He has created a lot of new fun content. Here is a video he made about a halfling brawl in the arena of seru. They make you drunk during the fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-l1FKtgbA

Also lots of new filler gear and fun minor revamps. Fight living boats that were a tinkering experiment gone wrong, etc...

Regarding reset, we will see how it looks at the end of pop. Don't worry about it for now.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM
RUSHER
Fire Beetle

Default Reset

My group is hoping for a reset around winter break. We really enjoyed playing on GPG last year and would love to start from the beggining again.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSHER View Post
My group is hoping for a reset around winter break. We really enjoyed playing on GPG last year and would love to start from the beggining again.
Me Too! Luclin+ is just too yucky
Old 10-03-2009, 03:39 AM
RUSHER
Fire Beetle

Actually I like PoP, a lot of the encounters and scripts are legit. But there is just something about starting from the beginning that's really refreshing. I didn't liker post PoP content that much but that was just my preference.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:40 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

We still have the rest of pop to do.

We have been raping flagging content pretty well. Due to the challenges of getting everyone on at the same time and hassles of backflagging, we are going to make a special NPC. When a flag event has been killed 2 times reliably, we are going to let people hail an NPC in pok for the backflag. This means that new players would be able to join and catch up their flags quickly without being left out or causing us to have to back flag.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:06 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

i woud love toplay on your server iused to on a druid named mongo but i use sof clien now
Old 10-04-2009, 11:25 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

is 65 max level then?
if Pop progression is happening

and how hard is it to get the spells?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:15 PM
gnomeshaped
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmaster View Post
is 65 max level then?
if Pop progression is happening

and how hard is it to get the spells?
Yes 65 is the max level right now.

PoK and Abysmal Sea are both open for getting spells, and parchments for 61/64 spells drop pretty regularly.

As for the SoF client I'll looking into what it would take to upgrade to .8 with minimal effort.

-Short GPG Gm