Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 11-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Laviathon
Sarnak

Default a few Questions ...

hello, i hope i am in the right section for this ..
i would like to change the ammount of EXP per kill , stats on mobs , things like thta .. do i have to edit that in the EQEmu source
i am using 6.0 DR2 and just got my server set up today

i will prob find this later the more i look .. but when i want to add items to the merchants were do i go to edit that ...

also about the source i know if edit it i will have to compile and set it up as server .. i am using Visual C++ 6.0 i have never compiled anything this big before i have only tone realy small projects so i loaded up the workspace into VC++ and hit build well i got 1 error

Quote:
\eqemu source\common\database.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mysql.h': No such file or directory
not sure were to get that

thank you for your time
Old 11-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Derision
Developer

Default Re: a few Questions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviathon
also about the source i know if edit it i will have to compile and set it up as server .. i am using Visual C++ 6.0 i have never compiled anything this big before i have only tone realy small projects so i loaded up the workspace into VC++ and hit build well i got 1 error

Quote:
\eqemu source\common\database.h(30) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mysql.h': No such file or directory
not sure were to get that
Cisyouc did a guide to compiling under VC6 ... should still work:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16778

(includes instructions on adding the paths to mysql.h and zlib.h)
Old 11-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Laviathon
Sarnak

kewl thanks .. have 1 problem non of the Zlib donwloads work just takes me to a page that cant be diplayed
Old 11-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviathon
kewl thanks .. have 1 problem non of the Zlib donwloads work just takes me to a page that cant be diplayed
The US mirror doesn't seem to work, but the French one seems to, the download from here worked for me:

http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib121-dll.zip
Old 11-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Laviathon
Sarnak

kewl , thank you

-------------EDIT---------------
i get this 1 warning

Code:
Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/Ob2'
i am takeing it even though it said ignoring it will still cause me problems ??

also say i just want to edit certin files in the World.exe like the classes and such would i have to compile everything or could i just compile the World exe and overrite the old one ??

thank you
Old 11-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Derision
Developer

You can generally ignore warnings, '/Ob2' is probably an optimisation parameter that VS Net 2003 uses, but VC6 doesn't know about.

As for changing source files, in VS Net 2003, if you open Server.dsw and change a file and click on build solution, it will rebuild emusharemem.dll, zone and/or world as required, depending on which files you edited.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:53 AM
fireclav
Sarnak

that guide doesnt work anymore but i got the download of hte zlib.h as im having that error when i compile where do i place the file so that i can compile
Old 06-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireclav
that guide doesnt work anymore but i got the download of hte zlib.h as im having that error when i compile where do i place the file so that i can compile
Last message: 11-04-2004, 11:14 PM

You need to include them in you C+ compiler, but i don't know how, depend of compiler name and version i think ? with that, someone can help you.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.