Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 02-28-2005, 11:15 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Default Great write-up on Rampage

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/...ssage.id=65032

The third or fourth response down quotes a great eqcleric write-up of mob rampaging.

The exact mechanics of how rampage work have always been hotly debated in EQLive, and I'm not so sure emu's implementation of rampage even comes close to reflecting Live.

While this isn't a request to change rampage at this time, should somebody become curious and want to look at it, I thought this write-up would be a good guide to how it's supposed to work.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:29 AM
jbb
Hill Giant

This makes it sound complicated. Rampage is simple

Separately from the hate list of a mob there is a rampage list. This is just a list of anyone who has agro from the mob but it kept in order of time of getting agro instead of the amount of hate.

When the mob "rampages" it attacks in addition to the normal attack the top player on the rampage list who is not being attacked via normal agro.

You can only drop off the rampage list when you lose agro completely (by dying, or feign death for 2 minutes etc)
Old 03-01-2005, 08:48 AM
killspree
Dragon

Actually from raiding experience you didn't even drop off the rampage list if you died - the mob had to completely reset and wipe all lists before you would be removed. I've seen people get resed into a fight away from the mob and instantly die to rampage as soon as they get near it.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:43 PM
ndnet
Hill Giant

That may just be due to the rampage list having holes left in it when someone is removed. As a Bard on live, I deal with rampage a fair bit. When I get in one of the rampage slots, I tend to use Fading Memories, which wipes my aggro and removes me from rampage. It's been my experience that the next person to freshly aggro (i.e. hadn't pissed the mob off yet) gets my former spot on the rampage list, often a cleric muahaha.

As per your example of a player being rezzed in, perhaps they just happen to be the next new-agro and got stuck right back in the open slot?

I have, at times, faded late into a fight and gotten myself right back on the rampage list. I believe it's due to no others getting initial agro at that late stage, nobody to take my spot on the ramp list.

Mobs seem capable of attacking a varying number of players at once, though most often is seen just one at a time. NPCs can possess an AE rampage, which could also be described as attacking everyone on the rampage list that's within melee range.