Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Plugins & Mods

Quests::Plugins & Mods Completed plugins for public use as well as modifications.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:44 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Default Expedition/Shared Tasks System

For those who have been wanting at my Expedition system. Here it is:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?The_Exp...ster_Reference
Old 04-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Overall, this system is beautiful. Especially on a first release. I'm loving it.

Only issue I've really found is this:

Updating 'loot' activities for a shared task seem to get lost on every 2nd loot. I had a collection portion in my task that was collect 5 of an item. It would collect the first for everyone, then second one would only update for the person looting, and then the 3rd would update everyone else in the group to 3/5. Same with the 4th loot and 5th updated everyone to 5/5.

I'm not sure if this is an issue in the plugin or on my set up, I'm inclined to say the plugin because right now I've got the plugin working perfectly. The way I fixed this in my task was made it a collect 3 items, items have a 100% chance to drop off a mob that spawns from clearing an area. So instead of it being 1 task activity of loot 5/5 it's now:

Kill 5/5 mobs
Loot 1
Kill 5/5 mobs
Loot 1
Kill 5/5 mobs
Loot 1

It works beautifully now.

I love it Akka, I suggest anyone looking to have nice streamlined group tasks/expeditions tied to an instance nicely in one plugin check this out!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I know we were working on addressing your issues, I didn't have any issues with a variety of tasks but I can double check a clean port and check your server just to make sure you don't have any off the wall things that are incorrect.

I should be able to see about tomorrow to poke in and check your server config.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Okay Akka, no rush.

Try having a collect activity with 5/5 or so, see if it updates em all fine for your set up.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:30 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Yaay! You have been on fire for a while now!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:26 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Akkadius worked out the couple bugs I was able to find with this plugin tonight, it's absolutely rock solid now. Recommend it to anyone looking for a shared expedition/task system.

Thanks a ton Akka.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:28 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esildor View Post
Akkadius worked out the couple bugs I was able to find with this plugin tonight, it's absolutely rock solid now. Recommend it to anyone looking for a shared expedition/task system.

Thanks a ton Akka.
You beat me to the punch.

There were some issues that had risen from some of the source changes that happened over the past year. I had developed this system on over a year old source so it just took tightening down some of the task sync code which is solid as Esildor said.

New Expedition include code is here:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/index.php...Paste=9fSmVVvp

Expedition System instructions: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?The_Exp..._(Perl_Version)
Old 10-01-2014, 11:33 PM
ZionPhoenixGM
Fire Beetle

So I am trying to get this running and I am stuck. I hail the NPC and get the popup but when I click ok i get nothing, no task, nothing. I am thinking it is because I have no entries in the cust_ext_instances table. If so can i get an example of how to build one of those rows?

I have verified I have perl dbd/dbi on my debian vm and I have added the code to global_player.pl and rebooted the server. Still stuck.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Edit: I am running perl 5.14.2 and followed the linux server setup guide. If that helps with any further information.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionPhoenixGM View Post
So I am trying to get this running and I am stuck. I hail the NPC and get the popup but when I click ok i get nothing, no task, nothing. I am thinking it is because I have no entries in the cust_ext_instances table. If so can i get an example of how to build one of those rows?

I have verified I have perl dbd/dbi on my debian vm and I have added the code to global_player.pl and rebooted the server. Still stuck.

Edit: I am running perl 5.14.2 and followed the linux server setup guide. If that helps with any further information.
I have a 2.0 version of this on the way. Please remind me and I will update my documentation. I have to head out right now tho
Old 10-02-2014, 03:17 PM
ZionPhoenixGM
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
I have a 2.0 version of this on the way. Please remind me and I will update my documentation. I have to head out right now tho
Hey thanks for your reply! Cant wait to see the 2.0 version of this and to get it up and running on my server. Any ETA on when 2.0 will be posted? Much thanks!
Old 10-02-2014, 03:46 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Hey thanks for your reply! Cant wait to see the 2.0 version of this and to get it up and running on my server. Any ETA on when 2.0 will be posted? Much thanks!
Hopefully with EOC 2.0
Old 10-10-2014, 08:57 PM
ZionPhoenixGM
Fire Beetle

I know you're a busy guy but was just wondering if there was any update on 2.0?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
I know you're a busy guy but was just wondering if there was any update on 2.0?

Thanks
I'm putting it through a real test on EZ and then I'll push it out. I just needed to get several hours of free time to make a bunch of changes. I'll let you know
Old 01-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

is there a way of using this without the instance and just getting the task itself?
Old 11-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Entari
Fire Beetle

Quote:

I am having the exact same issue. I assume enough has changed in the emu source by now that is causing this to not work past the initial popup. Clicking Yes to accept the expedition causes no further action.

Last edited by Entari; 11-03-2017 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Forgot Quote