Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

Quote:
What makes you so special
My past employment with SoE maybe...

Quote:
If you really have somehow decompiled it, send me a portion of the source code.
Done... Check your pms.

Last edited by Lalolyen; 10-09-2007 at 02:42 AM..
Old 10-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

I took the liberty of also including the MD5 hash and opticodes.

I wouldn't let that message linger in your inbox, because if someone gets a hold of that hash, you're screwed (I'm sure the db for these forums are in plain text =) )

Last edited by Lalolyen; 10-09-2007 at 02:54 AM..
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I find it pretty ridiculous to post a new thread that you cracked minilogin, just to say "don't ask because I am keeping it a secret now", sprinkled with passive-aggressive threats that someone better start talking to you on IRC - or else.

I just wish the EQ client was as easy to work with as WoW, so when a patch comes out it doesn't break everything. Might eliminate the 201 excuses why EQEmu is stuck 5 years in the past. Has nothing to do with minilogin, that's for sure.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

I'll try to not turn this into a flame, but I would like to point out that the list of opcodes (not opticodes) that you sent me is located in opcodes.conf and even a third grader without l33t hacking skills could get that list by simply opening the file that is included in the minilogin zip.

Next is that doomsday md5 hash that will destroy the world if it fell into the wrong hands. I'm not really sure where you got that, but such a devasting flaw in the fabric of space time does not exist. Minilogin doesnt do anything magical and as pointed out earlier, you can already see what login sends to world and vice versa by viewing the world source code.

Now about the decompiled source code that you sent me. If you are an expert in assembly and can create something useful from that mess go right ahead. That "source" code, looks nothing like the real source code and the likelihood of someone being able to turn it into something more useful while at the same time not be able to create their own login server is extremely remote.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Demi-God

I have no idea what Lalolyen is referring to since the minilogin has never had encryption, but this post is getting interesting.. *pulls out some popcorn*
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:04 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

Whatever you have, or think you have, is nothing.

The mini-login isnt compiled with the crypto in it, doesnt use crypto, never has. So not sure what you think you have.

There have been much better coders/crackers than you (Daeken comes to mind) that have tried and failed. Hell I even supplied him with the compiled crypto!

I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish except looking at code that has been freely available before, because, as has been said the crypto isnt compiled with mini-login you aren't seeing any of its functions and so are missing the very thing you need to make it work.

There has been several "leaks" of the loginserver with the crypto. Hogie, Lyenu, even myself have released either code, or compiled bits. Would figure if it could have been done by the general populous, it would have already.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 10-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Doodman
Developer

Talking

I'm not sure what you thing you found, but it's no what you think.
1) Minilogin has never had encryption in it. Never.
2) World -> LS is not encrypted, encoded or scrambled. The protocol is easily deciphered as the source to that is (obviously) in world and distributed as source.

That said, the crypto in the current public loginserver (i.e. not minilogin) was cracked a long time back by me. I'm sure others have cracked it, since there are many people in the world that are smarter than me.

There is the older loginserver floating around (Hmm, wonder how that got loose? ), it is is the older protocol and the crypto is not different.

I'll not say anymore about the crypto.

If you'd like to share with me what you think you've found, we can discuss it. Who knows, maybe you'll find something useful somwhere.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Doodman
Developer

Just a follow up.

What I am about to say is not a flame, jest or a cut. So, please take it as a compliment, as I have intended.

I do commend you. Decompiling and decoding code like that does take a great amount of skill to do. Even though I don't think you found what you think you did, it does show you have skills and determination.

Keep on hacking, but instead you'd serve the community better on pointing those skills and determination at eqgame.exe and not MiniLogin.exe

Take care.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

Oh well, if I've found nothing you'll have no problems or quams with me posting it in publich then eh?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

http://cp.divinereapers.org/~dleqemu...3045c69f71d647

There it is everyone =)

I have also taken the liberty of stripping the encoded parts and have assymbled most of it.

Some of you will need some knowledge of cpp to actually document it and the sources.

When you decompile something there is a lot of varables that are "inserted" and thus there may be some trash, but that source is actually a very complete source and unkile Edgar said, you can make something out of it, very easy when you start defining your own varables.

Now as to address this rubbish:

Quote:
I find it pretty ridiculous to post a new thread that you cracked minilogin, just to say "don't ask because I am keeping it a secret now", sprinkled with passive-aggressive threats that someone better start talking to you on IRC - or else.

I just wish the EQ client was as easy to work with as WoW, so when a patch comes out it doesn't break everything. Might eliminate the 201 excuses why EQEmu is stuck 5 years in the past. Has nothing to do with minilogin, that's for sure.
Not at all, I found it really rediculious that you came here and immediately judged someone like that without reading the full story or not even haging out in or reading IRC for the past 2 weeks.

Lets further address that. As you just said that I just noticed that thread was deleted and with the posts of the community flaming Doodman, and the other devs for not comming to the forums and talking or not responding in IRC.

In the USA this is called Supression of Free Speach. See where I'm going with this hawse?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

Now, being you have said, it, review all of my posts, ALL OF THEM, and you post the FIRST threat here.

You'll be hard pressed to do so, because this thread was designed to be constructed, despite your slanderous claims.

@Doodman: I just took the liberty of posting the sources =)
Old 10-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Furrygamer
Banned

was is it that first it is "part was encoded because the maker wanted it closed source" then later in the thread it is "it is fully open, none was encoded or scrambled". It seems like contradiction of information. Add in a dev actually posted to discredit the person inside a thread, and of course add in most people doing the discredit of information is former devs that seem to all get together to try this maneuver. It seems like he is onto something, they don't like it, so they are making his reputation become horrible. Also note his thread about a download engine was deleted for no reason that has been mentioned. Seems like the devs do not like it when they are called on their actual actions instead of the ones they wish were true. You cannot say "I am a developer of a community" if you do not help the community. all I ever see on these forums now seem to be like watching the X-files. You have to find the truth, because the truth that is being said by the dev team is usually said to cover their butt. The truth is out there, and we have proof.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

FYI

Code:
if ($thisvar =! $thatvar)
          return $result
Code:
if ($varafterdecompile =! $varafterdecompile2)
          return $resultafterdecompile
Is the same thing...
Old 10-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalolyen View Post
My past employment with SoE maybe...
SOE!
I'm curious; what did you do there and why did you leave?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

Network security officer.

Leaving: Pay Pay Pay Pay.

2 years ago, you probabley read, SoE fired about 200 employee's from their LA office. Thankfully I didn't get the boot, but their attitude after that, "Want a promotion or a raise? Go find somewhere else". So I did just that. Asside from that I was home sick too which played a big role in it =P.

I'm from NC, We were *planning* on settling down with my wife's family in CA... But there are just way too many fruits and nuts out there man.
Closed Thread