Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 PM
KingMort
Banned

Default Tier 5 heavy progression records

- Updated loot tables on ROF basis graphics and statistics for T5 content
- Created more than 30 more items, and 7 events for tier 5 (not yet released stay tuned folks)
- Tier 5 will have NOTHING to do with grinds for faction or grinds for items.. those things will be no more
- Solo, Group, Raid progression through Tier 5 zones for players in T4.5
- Solo missions for T1-3 players in T5 for adaption purposes
- Tradeskill Culteral armor created, multiple tiers of armor created for soloists, many zones adjusted for solists.. This is not Raid Addicts anymore it's Everyone Addicts..

- Please read NEWS on the Raid Addicts forums for new information with this, and more features www.raidaddicts.org/forums
Old 02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Adele
Fire Beetle

Default Define farming please

Mr. Mortenson, I've posted a few times now in regards to positive feedback on your server here on emu. I enjoy playing on your server, and have played non stop since i joined. Then I read this post after playing for weeks, I wonder if I'm missing the message.

You state that Farming and grinding are No more, yet most of what I've been doing is just that. Anyone looking to get spells past 86 is going to hit that wall. the ruins for spells are less then 500/1 percentage. I spent hours looking where you advised me to go. Also the t2 progression molds are far too uncommon a drop. I am on day 4 and seen 3 of them.

Maybe something is wrong in the loot tables, maybe not? I asked about this and the reply was they are really rare. I can only assume that means I'll need to farm them; therefore farm and grind. I don't mind working for things , like i did my Bard boots on live, because I knew what i was in for.

I hope You can clarify this for us, I don't want to mislead players and find out after the fact. Your content has been fun and I hope i continue to enjoy your hard work playing on your server.

Adele
Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 PM
KingMort
Banned

Well in Tier 3 and 4 the players had to do lots more of that kind of stuff what your facing now is normal grind but the T3 and T4 armor set's were SUPER grinds.. The new T5 content will unlock the grinds of the previous armor tiers , including frost. And it in itself will be a series of missions, solo and group and raid but not a turn in , or faction grind like T3 and T4 were of the past.

T5 will of course still be difficult to obtain, but there won't be any more of those SUPER boring , and long grinds that involve nothing but killing the same thing over and over again or turning the same thing in over and over again.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adele View Post
Mr. Mortenson, I've posted a few times now in regards to positive feedback on your server here on emu. I enjoy playing on your server, and have played non stop since i joined. Then I read this post after playing for weeks, I wonder if I'm missing the message.

You state that Farming and grinding are No more, yet most of what I've been doing is just that. Anyone looking to get spells past 86 is going to hit that wall. the ruins for spells are less then 500/1 percentage. I spent hours looking where you advised me to go. Also the t2 progression molds are far too uncommon a drop. I am on day 4 and seen 3 of them.

Maybe something is wrong in the loot tables, maybe not? I asked about this and the reply was they are really rare. I can only assume that means I'll need to farm them; therefore farm and grind. I don't mind working for things , like i did my Bard boots on live, because I knew what i was in for.

I hope You can clarify this for us, I don't want to mislead players and find out after the fact. Your content has been fun and I hope i continue to enjoy your hard work playing on your server.

Adele

Where exactly are you farming molds at? I used a warrior/shaman/cleric/wizard/ combo when I was Tier 1 to beat the kael event and had full frost molds in a day or two, not really a grind. The legs are super rare though.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Spent 21 hours trying to get spell tokens, before i finally walked away ;( in that time only found 3
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 PM
KingMort
Banned

Due to the new loot system yes it's being worked on
Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

What do you mean Mort, what exactly is wrong with the loot? 0.o
Old 02-26-2013, 02:09 AM
sorvani
Dragon

the way loot tables work was changed and when he updated his drop rates got all messed up from what he wants them to be.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 AM
Zamthos
Discordant

Ah, all right.