Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:50 AM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Default Titanium Client-Specific Issue

Huppy has given me a great deal of help, over the last two or so weeks. Together, we've managed to localize, but not solve this particular issue.

The short recap:
-Fresh server install; fresh Titanium install;
-Create new toon --> Character does not spawn where expected;

-example: Froglok Warrior spawn in South Qeynos; Iksar Monk spawn on West Cabilis side of zoneline to Lake Of Ill Omen; High Elf spawns inside Felwithe, just around the corner from zoneline;

World.exe window reads:
HTML Code:
[World Server] Found 'TitaniumStartZoneID' rule setting: -1
[Status] SoF Start zone query: SELECT x, y, z, heading, start_zone, bind_id, bind_x, bind_y, bind_z FROM start_zones WHERE zone_id = 12 AND player_class = 7 AND player_deity = 203 AND player_race = 128

No start_zones entry in database, using defaults
[World Server] Attempting autobootup of tutorialb (189:0)
[World Server] (Bong) Zoning from character select tutorialb (Zone ID 189: Instance ID: 0)
[World Server] Account (Stubbay) Logging(Out) to character select :: LSID: 2
[World Server] Database::DeleteCharacter name : 'Bong'
[Status] SoF Start zone query: SELECT x, y, z, heading, start_zone, bind_id, bind_x, bind_y, bind_z FROM start_zones WHERE zone_id = 12 AND player_class = 7 AND player_deity = 203 AND player_race = 128

[World Server] Attempting autobootup of cabwest (82:0)
[World Server] (Roofosk) Zoning from character select cabwest (Zone ID 82: Instance ID: 0)
[Status] SoF Start zone query: SELECT x, y, z, heading, start_zone, bind_id, bind_x, bind_y, bind_z FROM start_zones WHERE zone_id = 14 AND player_class = 1 AND player_deity = 208 AND player_race = 330

[World Server] (Pajeciti) Zoning from character select qeynos (Zone ID 1: Instance ID: 0)
-Huppy is able to recreate the issue, on his own computer; Windows server logging in with both Titanium and RoF2; RoF2 works as expected; Titanium does not.

So, as far as can be told, this is specific to the Titanium client.

Tonight, while trying to play around with it some more, I noticed this:

HTML Code:
[Login Server] Logging System Init.
[Login Server] Config System Init.
[Login Server] MySQL Database Init.
[Login Server] Server Manager Initialize.
[Login Server] Client Manager Initialize.
[Login Server] Server Started.
[Login Server] New world server connection from 10.0.0.46:51836
[Error] Handle_NewLSInfo error, remote address was null, defaulting to stream address 10.0.0.46.
[World Server] Server Akkas Windows PEQ Installer (GiElst)(Akkas PEQ Installer) did not attempt to log in but unregistered servers are allowed.
[Login Server] New Titanium client connection from 10.0.0.46:55169
[Login Server] Application packet received from client (size 14)
[Login Server] Session ready received from client.
[Login Server] Application packet received from client (size 36)
[Login Server] Login received from client.
[Login Server] Application packet received from client (size 12)
[Login Server] Server list request received from client.
[Login Server] Application packet received from client (size 16)
[Login Server] Play received from client, server number 2 sequence 5.
[Login Server] Client disconnected from the server, removing client.   <--- When I select and connect to the private server via server select screen
[Login Server] New Titanium client connection from 10.0.0.46:57339   <-- After exiting character select, back to server select screen
[Login Server] Application packet received from client (size 14)
[Login Server] Session ready received from client.
[Login Server] Application packet received from client (size 36)
[Login Server] Login received from client.
[Login Server] Server list request received from client.
[Login Server] Client disconnected from the server, removing client.   <--- Me actually exiting client
Now, inbf check to see if tables are correct: start_zones, char_create_combinations, zones, races, etc.... Have all been checked so often, I can almost list 50% of the tables from memory.

My knowledge is severely limited, as this is all new to me. I've learned a lot in the last few weeks. The Login Server (above) appears to me to be the culprit, but I honestly don't know if that is "normal", nor do I have access to another client to test with.

This particular issue has taken up my whole week. Forgive me if I sound standoffish.

OP for reference. Page 2, specifically is where this issue is discussed.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:06 AM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbay View Post
The Login Server (above) appears to me to be the culprit, but I honestly don't know if that is "normal", nor do I have access to another client to test with.
It was pointed out to me, in the original thread, that the client disconnecting from the server is normal.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:01 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

A quick search of the forum leads me to believe the Starting Points for characters in Titanium are hard coded into the client.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:43 PM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Titanium seems to be a pain, to be sure. From what I gathered, it reads the player_choice as the zone_id. The only workaround (by switching table column names), is to screw over any other client that runs on the server. As a LAN setup, that's not a terribly big deal, as we're all installing the same client, but if I were to try opening it up as a public server, which for some reason I feel like I ultimately want to do, this isn't much of a fix...

Unless, I go the P99 route, as they only seem to accept Titanium, now.

The other option, I suppose, is to find one of the other usable clients. However, there's a part of me that feels quite defeated by that idea, and not finding a (proper) means to solve the above issue, leaves me wanting.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Write a sub EVENT_CONNECT script that puts them in the right place based on Diety, Race, Class.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:21 PM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Write a sub EVENT_CONNECT script that puts them in the right place based on Diety, Race, Class.
I'm still in the process of figuring out how to write this, and exactly which event table; could you be more specific, please?
Old 06-26-2019, 09:15 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

So the spawn points aren't hard coded into the server. I'll hafto look it up again, But I changed it on my server so that every character only spawned in their home city at the correct coordinates.

Edit It's under start_zones table. You change the player choice class race and deity and the start zone under there. Including the x y z coordinates. I know that you have been under that but double check you have made every correct change to the tables. Sometimes just 1 number being off screws everything up

So to be completely correct, You can't change the starting zones to like lavastorm or something on the titanium client. But you can change it so when you select like a froglok he COULD spawn in one of the existing selections. Like qeynos or freeport.

As long as the zone you change under start_zone is in the list of clickable zones on character creation it will let you create them there.

Last edited by Nightrider84; 06-26-2019 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: Slight miss info
Old 06-26-2019, 09:24 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

If you can't figure it out id be willing to chat with you on skype or discord to help narrow down the issue.

Also as a side note, Sometimes the entry for that perticular class race diety combo might not even been in the DB and you need to put an entry in yourself

Last edited by Nightrider84; 06-26-2019 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: More Info
Old 06-27-2019, 12:45 AM
Stubbay
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider84 View Post
So the spawn points aren't hard coded into the server. I'll hafto look it up again, But I changed it on my server so that every character only spawned in their home city at the correct coordinates.

Edit It's under start_zones table. You change the player choice class race and deity and the start zone under there. Including the x y z coordinates. I know that you have been under that but double check you have made every correct change to the tables. Sometimes just 1 number being off screws everything up

So to be completely correct, You can't change the starting zones to like lavastorm or something on the titanium client. But you can change it so when you select like a froglok he COULD spawn in one of the existing selections. Like qeynos or freeport.

As long as the zone you change under start_zone is in the list of clickable zones on character creation it will let you create them there.
Now, that I look at them, I have noticed some oddities... Like a Human Bard being able to make player_choice 14 (Gukta)... And some bind_id's were set to things other than 0 (I have the server set to "bind same as start city"). I was so busy staring at Froglk ID's, I think I assumed everything else was in order. Some zone_id's seem to be out of order, as well.

I'm gonna get some coffee, food, decompress for a few, and start modifying the table. Thank you for that urging. I'll report back in the next day or two, regardless of outcome.

Tags
no start_zones, titanium client, windows server