Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-10-2021, 04:46 AM
Garral
Fire Beetle

Question MinStatusForNoDropExemptions?

I messed with adjusting Character.MinStatusForNoDropExemptions by setting this to zero which should in theory allow anyone to trade no drop items as opposed to editing every single item in the database to reflect the change.
  • I also tried this with the FVNoDropFlag both being 0 and 1 to see if that had any bearing on anything.
  • I also tried being in a zone with ruleset 1 specifically and then other zones with ruleset 2.
  • I confirmed via GM that the change was actually taking when I made it to the database with the GM#Commands.
  • I also tried generating new items via GM command (Skim of Milk*) to see if it was just old items the players had not being updated.

Nothing seemed to work.

I did see under server variables "DisableNoDrop" but that is not listed in my server variables table. Do I need to manually add that?

And yes, I know I could just edit the entire list of items, but I like keeping the "no drop" label on them for posterity.

Any input on this server setting would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 11-15-2021, 12:07 PM
Garral
Fire Beetle

I figured it out so here's the answer for anyone who wants to know:

If you look at your server variables table and it does not include "DisableNoDrop" (exact spelling) -- Then add it and set it's value to 1. There you go. No need to mess with any of the other settings.

You do not need to mess with any other ruleset options. Additionally, you can also add "DisableNoRent" or "DisableLore" or "DisableNoTransfer" if you so desire.

Hope this helps somebody.

Tags
exemption, items, nodrop, status