Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:06 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks for the reports, Iclia! I think if you are playing on PEQ or some other server, it is not yet running the very latest updates. I know for sure that the 500 spent AAs bug should be fixed, and I am trying to work out the issue where some AAs have to be displayed multiple times instead of stacking them all into 1 AA (multi-tiered AAs).

I don't quite remember what causes the face setting issues on Frogloks and Vahshir, but I do remember seeing and fixing that issue on SoF. I am sure we will get it figured out sometime soon.

I think we probably need to add some extra handling for unmeming spells, as it seems that Live has made it so they stay even after death, so it probably isn't handled the same way as it was before. There may be an extra packet for unmemming spells now or something.

You mentioned #melody, but then you example used /melody. Note that the # and / are not the same thing! The / version doesn't work, but the # version should work just fine.

The looting problem may be due to more slot changes on corpses. If so, people may also see where they try to loot one thing, but it actually loots something different.

The loot all option is a new feature and at this point, we are concerned with getting old features working fully before focusing on many new features.

Bazaar stuff probably needs some structure work to be ok again, since they added new fields for searches and stuff.

Clicky items should be giving a cast bar like normal, but it probably depends on what your spell file has for the cast time, not what the item says for the cast time. So, if the cast time in your spell file says it is 0, and the item says it is 5 seconds, then you will see no cast bar, but it will still take 5 seconds before it buffs you.

If you are getting disconnects on zoning, that may be due to normal server load. If you never experience that issue while using Titanium and only do on SoD, then maybe it is an SoD issue, but we will need to isolate the problem more before we can try to fix it if there is an actual issue with zoning.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Iclia
Fire Beetle

Never had the connection issue in titanium and yes i am on PEQ.

Also found that tracking players fails.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:27 AM
ptarp
Fire Beetle

Disreguard most of my previous post. Spell scrolls in SoD work fine after the items table is updated with 13th floor items (I was using an older copy of PeQ db.). Would possibly help for #scribespells to work as I was describing and skip lower versions or un-mem them as I was mentioning to keep from filling the spell book, but not a big deal.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:20 PM
camwheel
Fire Beetle

I've switched entirely over to using the SoD client (I'm on PEQ), and so far everything is really stable and playable, albeit a little buggy in some spots. I'll just post as I find them. Here is stuff I've noticed so far (I briefly looked through the SoF bugs, but forgive me if I have any repeats from there).

-Apply Poison: When my rogue applies poison, he always fails with the message "Error: item not found for inventory slot # or is not a poison." I've only tried with Aching Blood, which is all that was left in my inventory at the time. Let me know if you want me to try out any other poisons.

-Spell Sets: If you already have a spell set memorized, and right click the spell gem book to load a new saved set, it will not remove the current gems, so you stay with the first gem set. If your gems are already empty (i.e. after a death or manually clearing them) then it loads a spell set just fine.

Will post more as I find them.

Last edited by camwheel; 04-05-2010 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: My bug was bugged... Total AAs earned showing incorrectly is not an issue after all.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Wolftousen
Sarnak

Tracking has another bug, not sure if it is SoD related. But the tracking window has an option for it to auto update teh tracking list. While this is active i get the message "Ability recovery time not yet met", which means it's trying to track but can't i assume. So either the refresh time on track needs to be lowered or something else...
Old 04-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Derision
Developer

The tracking auto-refresh, spell set loading and apply poison bug should all be fixed as of Rev1365.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Wolftousen
Sarnak

Not sure if this has been attempted to be fixed or not, but on my BST when i click my Legs for pet haste, most of the time it locks up my casting. It doesn't lock up my ability to attack or send my pet, but it does lock up casting and appears to lock up any use of hotkeys period.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:02 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks for the report, Wolftousen. Do you know the actual name of the legs you are using when you have this problem, so we can test them? Also, what is the name of the effect you see on the legs and what server are you playing on? Do you happen to have a custom spell file installed from any custom server, or are you running the SoD default one? If the spell your item shows does not match the one the client has, it might cause a bug like that.

When the client gets bugged like that, it would normally be due to it expecting a packet from the server that it never receives. So, we should just need to find why it isn't sending the right response and fix it.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:19 AM
KLS
Administrator

A birdy mentioned to me that there might be another spell slot on top of the AA slot, which might cause issues for the spell code and clickies if true. The server wont send a reply packet for casting if we think you're cheating, we simply return from the function.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:46 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, just saw a post about it in the SoD Dev thread. I had been wondering how that would work out if it was added in, but didn't notice it had been. It will definitely take some looking into. I am sure we can make a work-around for it if needed. Something as simple as a ClientVer check and adjustment to the slot may work. Since clickie items don't send casting packets in SoF or SoD, we could probably just exclude those clients from the slot 10/item check stuff.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Wolftousen
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Thanks for the report, Wolftousen. Do you know the actual name of the legs you are using when you have this problem, so we can test them? Also, what is the name of the effect you see on the legs and what server are you playing on? Do you happen to have a custom spell file installed from any custom server, or are you running the SoD default one? If the spell your item shows does not match the one the client has, it might cause a bug like that.

When the client gets bugged like that, it would normally be due to it expecting a packet from the server that it never receives. So, we should just need to find why it isn't sending the right response and fix it.
I'm playing on PEQ with the base spell file that came with the SoD steam download. The item that seems to cause this is: Leggings of the Khati Sha.

I have been using other clickies: drogmors, ornate bps, and Talisman of the Burrower. Those items have not yet caused this issues.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:59 PM
trevius
Developer

Thank again for the info. After thinking about it, I bet it is not a problem with the clicky itself. Initially, we had problems with pet buffs causing the client to crash, but Derision fixed that by correcting the pet buff window. I think chances are that the problem is somehow being caused by either pet buffs or the new target buff window feature, or something similar/related. Maybe something special is expected for pet buffs.

When you clicked those legs, did you already have your pet targeted at the time?

Also, I am not currently sure which revision PEQ is running, so the issue you are experiencing may already be fixed in the latest SVN updates.

I will try to test out those legs tonight and see if I can reproduce it.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:39 AM
trevius
Developer

Just tried those legs clicky on my test server and they seemed to work just fine. Maybe you need to wait until PEQ updates again and try them again.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:12 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

PEQ is always running a day behind in regards to the changelog, at this point we are current since there are no changes today. I suspect our problem might be due to the newest 13th floor dump I did. Looks like Sony has changed some things in items and we are seeing small problems pop up.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:45 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftousen View Post
I'm playing on PEQ with the base spell file that came with the SoD steam download. The item that seems to cause this is: Leggings of the Khati Sha.

I have been using other clickies: drogmors, ornate bps, and Talisman of the Burrower. Those items have not yet caused this issues.
Hmm, I just went ahead and tested this item on PEQ and it worked fine for me... No problems.