Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 PM
anubisrwml2
Sarnak

Default Everquest: Legends Server

Good Afternoon,

First off I'd like to announce that I have the intention of starting up a new EQ Emulator Server called Everquest: Legends. Below I will include the server stats (Yes, a real server with T3 connection) as well as a general overview of the servers mission.
However, I am unable to fully build and moderate it. To that end, In order to build and design this server, I will need the help of trusted individuals. I will be accepting applications for the following positions:
  • Admin GM: In charge of all aspects of server from design to staff
  • Item/NPC Database Designer: The person who will input and build all items, npcs, and quest related data within the SQL Database itself.
  • Quest Designer: In charge of scripting pearl quests and making any quest changes across the server.
  • In-Game GM (2): Two in game GM's who will act as support for any issues in game as well as petitions. A custom Petition system will be implimented.
  • Website Designer: The server needs a front page afterall

If interested in any of these positions, please send a resume to -
anubisrwml@yahoo.com

Please include in the resume previous experience, a list of qualifying skills for the position, and any additional information you feel is relevant. I do not require the sharing of personal information - but giving a name and telling me a little about yourself goes a long way in showing trust.

The goal of the server is to provide a fun, expandable environment which both encases what we traditionally know of Everquest, and that of some new ideas. I do not want to hand out epics from word go, and make it possible to hit lv 70 in one hour. Ive found that though they usually have good end game content, they usually completely ignore the lv 1-70 content, the story of EQ, and what made EQ so famous.
* Custom Tradeskill Recipes
* Custom Quests - now introducing Quest Lines
* Re-written quest scripts to use links instead of having to type responses
* Renaming quest NPCs so they clearly state they are a quest NPC
* Quest Points System - the more quests you do, the more points you get.
* Redeemable items and equipment/illusions/titles for quest points
* Purchasable homes and guild halls - upgradable as well!
* World Events - These events will change entire zones due to their outcome.
* NO Insta Epic, NO Insta skills, NO Insta spells.
* Bots Enabled, though grouping is encouraged!

If this sounds like a server you would like to help bring into existance, please email me your resume. I will review, and continue the process with those I feel fit the Servers needs and will conduct voice to voice interviews, after which I will select those I wish for the positions listed above. Please remember, this is a serious position, and think of the process as though you were trying to get a job. I take this very seriously, and in RL I'm covering the costs of the server entirely.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Matthew
aka anubisrwml
Old 05-11-2011, 09:57 PM
anubisrwml2
Sarnak

Everquest Legends Server Stats -

16376 MB System RAM (Score: 213)
- RAM Speed: 7076 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 700)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 207660112
- Integer Operations/Second: 762992416
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 1043599

Graphics Tests (Score: 419)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 1169

Hardware Tests (Score: 27)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 195 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 129 MB/s
(I actually have 4TB of additional server space that's not counted)

Old 05-11-2011, 10:11 PM
anubisrwml2
Sarnak

Here's some more interesting stats:

Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 PM
anubisrwml2
Sarnak

Exclamation Server Down Temporarily

I'm shutting the development server down as I am upgrading the server software from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 - the reason being the company this server is hosted on requires Server software. However, that may actually improve the servers ability to host.

We can hope.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Traul
Hill Giant

congrats on having a good host server?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

I have had a good dedicated host for a while now, and lots of good ideas for years now. I have found that you will get no help until you put in some of the work on the server yourself, which is the way it should be in my opinion. People want to know you are committed to staying around, and their hard work will not be for nothing.

Having said that, I suggest (and you can say get bent, or whatever if you don't agree) is that you get the emu server up and operational, and get at least some of the work done yourself before asking for help. I won't hijack your thread by telling the name of mine, but that's what I'm doing right now. I posted for mine, and got no help even though I ran a pretty successful random loot server for a while. I would get the NPC renames done that you mentioned, and that would show a good faith effort on your part, and show people that you actually know what you are doing.

The first thing I did when I read this, and considered helping you, was do a search of all your posts on this forum. They are all asking about what to do about things, and a few different server start-ups that went nowhere. To be fair, most people ask around on here, so that's not a big deal, and since I seem a little negative in this response, please don't take it that way.

I think your ideas are great, but they are a lot of ideas that have already been posed, it's just putting in the time to actually do them that separates the pipe dream from the motivated. Show us some screenshots of the NPC idea you have, and get organized. I use Callabos or Microsoft Groove for task organization, and am thinking of using Google software instead. emailing back and forth to your devs just doesn't work.

After that wall of text that I just threw up on the screen, I guess I went off on a tangent a little, but hopefully some of it is useful. I would definitely play on this server if you put in the work.