Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

Default Reworld EQ

Good Day

I am putting this server up for a few days (12pm to 6pm PST) starting on April 12th for everyone that is interested to try out. I would appreciate any feedback or bug reporting. I am planning to put it up on a dedicated server sometime in near future.

Server name: Reworld EQ (up to LDoN / 3 bot maximum)

This new server will be as close to Live as possible which would include all the revamp zones. Most NPC in revamp zones have their stats updated from the original zone as well as loots and faction. It is built from peqdb-rev1751 with updated eqemu-rev1891. Most starting city have been reworked to match close to live in its current state. It still a work in progress and will continue to be worked on as soon as Live is back up. GoD will be included on next PEQ-DB release.

Titanium Features:
---All original zone including Lavastorm

SoF+ Features:
---All revamped zones which includes
West Freeport
East Freeport
Commonlands
North Ro
South Ro
Nektulos
Lavastorm
Innothule
Toxuilia Forest
Misty Thicket
Steamfont
Ocean of Tears

---Human / Half Elf can now start in revamp Freeport at creation.

Zone reworked (waypoints re-done, , removing out of era and custom spawns, fixing missing spawns, deleting double spawns, extra perl scripted):
Plane of Knowledge (mostly based from EQMac)
Plane of Transquility
Surefall Glade
Qeynos Catacomb
Ak'Anon
North Freeport
West Freeport (original zone)
East Freeport (original zone)
Erudin
Paineel
Greater Faydark (Kelethin)
Kaladim
Oggok
Grobb
Halas
Felwithe
Neriak Third Gate

Feature disabled
Drakken Race
Crescent Reach Starting City
Guild Lobby/Guild Hall

Issue known to be not working at this time
SoF+: LDoN camp and instances in revamp Commonlands, North Ro, South Ro, and Innothule. (The work around for this is to use Magus to zone into original zone or Translocator in Butcherblock to zone into original zones via OOT.)

Future possibility:
Database / Extra Perl Quest Releases to public
Old 05-12-2011, 02:56 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

server is now up.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Karayrem
Sarnak

Nice, I was able to make a Half Elf Pally with option to start in West Freeport. Unlike most other server where I end up either in crescent reach or guild lobby using SOD client, I was able to go right to the revamp West Freeport in front of the Paladin Guildmaster just like on live. So far it looks good.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Robregen
Developer

Server is up for a few hours.

All worked done is patched over to the newest PEQDB. GoD is enabled now. Did more work on redoing grid pathing and spawn points. Added more perl scripts to the zone listed below. North Qeynos was heavily added with scripted and live like pathing.

More Zone Reworked

Neriak Commons
Neriak Foriegn Quarters
North Qeynos

Last edited by Robregen; 05-20-2011 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: added not for server being up.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Robregen
Developer

All done with the starting zones. I'll probably go back to check for more scripting. If I'm up to it, I might go redo some dungeon like Grieg's End and Kurn's.

I am not sure if anyone tried to get on. I did not have the port forward set. lol should be okay now.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
J3w
Fire Beetle

I am interested in this server. Been looking for something different than the standard line-up. How do I get access to it? I can't seem to find it on the EQemu Server Listings.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it
Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Robregen
Developer

forgot to up the launchers. rofl increased it so players should not be locked out.