Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Suttuk
Fire Beetle

Post NEW SERVER - The Dark Continent (Custom Legit)

Good Afternoon,

First off I'd like to announce that I have started up a new EQ Emulator Server called The Dark Continent. a home hosted on a computer me and friend built.
However, I am unable to fully build and moderate it. but, In order to build and design this server, I will need the help of trusted individuals. I will be accepting applications for the following positions:

Admin GM: In charge of all aspects of server from design to staff
Item/NPC Database Designer: The person who will input and build all items, npcs, and quest related data within the SQL Database itself.
Quest Designer: In charge of scripting pearl quests and making any quest changes across the server.
In-Game GM (2): Two in game GM's who will act as support for any issues in game as well as petitions..

If interested in any of these positions, please send your app to -
dcphillips10@gmail.com
Please include in the resume previous experience, a list of qualifying skills for the position, and any additional information you feel is relevant. I do not require the sharing of personal information - but giving a name and telling me a little about yourself goes a long way in showing trust.

The goal of the server is to provide a fun, expandable environment which both encases what we traditionally know of Everquest, and that of some new ideas. My plan is to also let players start with their epic 1.0s from the word go instead of a crappy broadsword and play in a everquest in which wont get boring after the first 5 minutes a world of custom quests such as 1.5s and 2.0s, also i plan on putting in hotzones in which players will level a little faster, i dont think its very fun to get to 75 in an hour so its not going to be that fast paced.

* Custom Quests - now introducing Quest Lines
* Re-written quest scripts to use links instead of having to type responses
* Renaming quest NPCs so they clearly state they are a quest NPC
* Quest Points System - the more quests you do, the more points you get. - coming soon
* Redeemable items and equipment/illusions/titles for quest points
* World Events - These events will change entire zones due to their outcome.
* Start With Epic 1.0s and custom starting armor
* grouping is encouraged like traditional everquest ... its kinda boring useing bots

If this sounds like a server you would like to help bring into existance, please email me your application! I will review, and continue the process with those I feel fit the Servers needs, after which I will select those I wish for the positions listed above. Please remember, this is a serious position, and think of the process as though you were trying to get a job please . .

Thanks and I hope to hear from you all soon!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Suttuk
Fire Beetle

Id like to say server devlopment is coming along fine thanks to my group of developers and id like to say im still taking resumes for Item/NPC Database Designer as well as Quest Designer

thank you
- Suttuk