Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:09 PM
jdx
Fire Beetle

Default encryption.cpp.o compile failure on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

-SOLVED- Install libsodium 1.0.9

Fresh VM install of Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.
Fresh pull of install.sh.

Looks like the crypto constants and functions are not defined where encryption.cpp can use them. But there are no failures to include header files so that's a bit weird.

Code:
vagrant@ubuntu-xenial:/home/eqemu/server_source/Server/build$ make
[ 97%] Built target common
[ 97%] Built target luabind
[ 97%] Built target libuv
[ 97%] Built target fmt
[ 97%] Built target shared_memory
[ 97%] Built target world
[ 97%] Built target zone
[ 97%] Built target ucs
[ 97%] Built target queryserv
[ 97%] Built target eqlaunch
[ 97%] Building CXX object loginserver/CMakeFiles/loginserver.dir/encryption.cpp.o
/home/eqemu/server_source/Server/loginserver/encryption.cpp: In function ‘std::__cxx11::string eqcrypt_argon2(const string&)’:
/home/eqemu/server_source/Server/loginserver/encryption.cpp:78:13: error: ‘crypto_pwhash_STRBYTES’ was not declared in this scope
  ret.resize(crypto_pwhash_STRBYTES);
             ^
/home/eqemu/server_source/Server/loginserver/encryption.cpp:80:56: error: ‘crypto_pwhash_OPSLIMIT_SENSITIVE’ was not declared in this scope
  if (crypto_pwhash_str(&ret[0], &msg[0], msg.length(), crypto_pwhash_OPSLIMIT_SENSITIVE, crypto_pwhash_MEMLIMIT_SENSITIVE) != 0) {
                                                        ^
/home/eqemu/server_source/Server/loginserver/encryption.cpp:80:90: error: ‘crypto_pwhash_MEMLIMIT_SENSITIVE’ was not declared in this scope
  if (crypto_pwhash_str(&ret[0], &msg[0], msg.length(), crypto_pwhash_OPSLIMIT_SENSITIVE, crypto_pwhash_MEMLIMIT_SENSITIVE) != 0) {
                                                                                          ^
/home/eqemu/server_source/Server/loginserver/encryption.cpp:80:122: error: ‘crypto_pwhash_str’ was not declared in this scope
                                                                                                                          ^
/home/eqemu/server_source/Server/loginserver/encryption.cpp: In function ‘bool eqcrypt_verify_hash(const string&, const string&, const string&, int)’:
/home/eqemu/server_source/Server/loginserver/encryption.cpp:147:78: error: ‘crypto_pwhash_str_verify’ was not declared in this scope
   return crypto_pwhash_str_verify(&pwhash[0], &password[0], password.length()) == 0;
                                                                              ^
loginserver/CMakeFiles/loginserver.dir/build.make:182: recipe for target 'loginserver/CMakeFiles/loginserver.dir/encryption.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [loginserver/CMakeFiles/loginserver.dir/encryption.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:692: recipe for target 'loginserver/CMakeFiles/loginserver.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [loginserver/CMakeFiles/loginserver.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Last edited by jdx; 02-02-2018 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Indicate that the build failure has been solved
Old 02-02-2018, 08:10 PM
jdx
Fire Beetle

FWIW I have tried rerunning the installer and rebooting the VM. That shouldn't fix anything, and it didn't.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:31 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Install libsodium
Old 02-02-2018, 08:58 PM
jdx
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Install libsodium
I've got both libsodium18 and libsodium-dev installed. The installer script does this before attempting to make loginserver/CMakeFiles/loginserver.dir/encryption.cpp.o. I'll keep digging.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:16 PM
jdx
Fire Beetle

Looks like the new symbols and at least 1 function were added to libsodium in 1.0.9. I'll see if I can convince Debian to install 1.0.9.

http://rpms.remirepo.net/compat_repo...at_report.html
Old 02-02-2018, 09:27 PM
jdx
Fire Beetle

Yep that did it.

https://download.libsodium.org/libso...m-1.0.9.tar.gz

For posterity: By default these will install to /usr/local/lib but EQEmu will want them in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
Old 02-03-2018, 03:00 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

This is why we do this:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...nstall.sh#L128
Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM
jdx
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
If libsodium 1.8 is the incorrect version to use, which in my case it was, then the first branch of your conditional takes an incorrect action.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:54 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

I'd be curious why it needs libsodium19 all the sudden. Was the code changed to use functions in 1.0.9?

Edit: Unless libsodium18 was never sufficient and 1.0.9+ is needed regardless and the 1.0.11 dep catches it. I admit I've only ever tried the installer on a minimal install of Ubuntu. Was this some other load than that?
Old 02-24-2018, 02:58 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Updated the install script to install the sodium library regardless of what's already installed. Should fix the problem.

Tags
encryption, loginserver, make, server, ubuntu